route-map eigrp-to-ospf permit 20

set tag 50

!

route-map ospf-to-eigrp deny 10

match tag 50

!

route-map ospf-to-eigrp permit 20

set tag 100

My problem is that although I am redistributing eigrp 50 into OSPF 100, only the routes native to eigrp 50 are getting redistributed into OSPF 100. I am redistributing eigrp 10 into eigrp 50 successfully as all of the routes from eigrp 10 show up in the eigrp 50 topology table but they are not redistributing on to ospf 100. Is there some sort of redistribution precedence thing happening since all of this is being done on the same router? Should I have to redistribute eigrp 10 into ospf 100 independently?

TIA

-mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balajitvk
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

Good Thought! But it won't work. A redistributed route from 1 protocol, will not be redistributed into another protocol on the same router.

Redistribution is NOT transitive on the same router. If redistributing from RIP into OSPF and OSPF into ISIS, you will need to also redistribute from RIP into ISIS.

Redistribution is ONLY for routes in the routing table and so not on your eigrp table.

I hope it will clarify ur doubt,

Rate if it does,

Rgs

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it has to do with this route-map

route-map eigrp-to-ospf permit 20

set tag 50

You are only allowing traffic that is tagged 50.

Can you verify what tagging is done on redistribute routes ?

If you remove the route-map from the redistribute command, are you able to get all redistribute routes ?

Hmm. This route map design is straight out of the eigrp design guide. That statement as I understand it, simply assigns the administrative tag of 50 to everything that did not match the prior deny clause. If it read "match tag 50", rather than "set tag 50", I would tend to agree with you.

Cheers

balajitvk
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

Good Thought! But it won't work. A redistributed route from 1 protocol, will not be redistributed into another protocol on the same router.

Redistribution is NOT transitive on the same router. If redistributing from RIP into OSPF and OSPF into ISIS, you will need to also redistribute from RIP into ISIS.

Redistribution is ONLY for routes in the routing table and so not on your eigrp table.

I hope it will clarify ur doubt,

Rate if it does,

Rgs

Balaji,

This is exactly the clarification I was after. Thanks!

-mike

Hi,

What you are trying to do is called indirect redistribution i.e., redistribution of one protocol or process into another protocol or process and then subsequently redistributing the redistributed protocol into a third protocol on the same device. Indirect redistribution isn't supported on Cisco devices. Therefore, you would have to explicitly redistribute the EIGRP AS 10 into OSPF to get the desired results.

Hope this helps!

Sundar

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card