Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing, connecting 3 different networks together

Kxx96x
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

My name is Karl and I'm fairly new to the cisco community.  I have an issue and wanted to know if you guys would be able to.

I have a 3 networks and im attempting to configure the serial ports on the routers. I already did the destination ip, subnet and hop address. I thought it was working great but then realized that on my 3rd network, i have int f 0/11 which is responsible for 192.168.50.3 and also int f0/21 which is responsible for 192.168.60.3 and int f0/23 which is responsible for 192.168.50.100 which is a ftp server. I am able to ping all of the devices except those mentioned below.

I forgot to mention that on the 3rd network, i have a trunk on port 24 which gives me more hosts which are the same vlan 50 and 60. Any ideas? I've been at it for days and getting nowhere :/

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kxx96x ,

In the case of having 2 or more CME, you must enter to communicate them using the dial-peer command:
Assuming that in R1 the CME has registered phones with the numbers 9xx and in R2 the CME has registered the phones with the numbers 6xx:

R1

dial-peer voice 900 voip

destination-pattern 6..

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x  <- IP of the neighbor CME

R2

dial-peer voice 600 voip

destination-pattern 9..

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Mentioned information is very less and we can't figure out the issue so please confirm below points:

1. Did other routers having a route for 192.168.50.3, 192.168.60.x, 192.168.50.100 hosts/networks?

2. What is default gateway on the system which is not reachable from another network  (192.168.50.3, 192.168.60.x, 192.168.50.100)?

3. Can you able to ping the default gateway of above-mentioned networks?

4. Is all Required VLAN configured and assigned to ports properly on the switch?

5. Show below output from All routers:

Show ip inter brief

Show ip route

show cdp neighbor

6. Show below output from the Switch:

show ip route

show inter trunk

sho vlans

sho ip inter br

sho cdp neighbor

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

I got it working at the end! I was adding the wrong destination address and
wrong hop address. One thing though, is that the ip phones cannot contact
each other from outside of each district. Do you have any suggestions?
Image attached below.

I got it working at the end! I was adding the wrong destination address and wrong hop address. One thing though, is that the ip phones cannot contact each other from outside of each district. Do you have any suggestions? Image attached below.

Hi @Kxx96x ,

If you have more than one CME configured, you will need the dial-peer commands to communicate the phones.

Regards

In total there 6 districts. Each district has 2 vlans. One vlan for voice
and the other one for the pc's and it applies to all district. What would
be a sample peer command you mentioned? Thank you!

Hi @Kxx96x ,

In the case of having 2 or more CME, you must enter to communicate them using the dial-peer command:
Assuming that in R1 the CME has registered phones with the numbers 9xx and in R2 the CME has registered the phones with the numbers 6xx:

R1

dial-peer voice 900 voip

destination-pattern 6..

R2

dial-peer voice 600 voip

destination-pattern 9..

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card