Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Packet Capture All WAN / LAN Traffic For Security Analysis

Hello,

On a RV340 Series Router, how would it be configured to enable packet capture of all WAN / LAN packets?

Router documentation is very basic, repeating the on screen U about everything including port mirror function, and is not clear about how to go about doing a complete mirror of all traffic for security analysis.

I have searched Cisco technical documents, FAQs, Community messages and other 3rd party sources for some insight, with no RV340 solution I can find.

Almost any suggestion is appreciated.  TIA

++mdd++

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As i said in the original message, the manual is not clear. I had already tried the WAN packet capture tool and it is not capturing LAN traffic.

Did you even read my message completely? Or do you not understand?

how would it be configured to enable packet capture of all WAN / LAN packets?

Looking at this statement of your post does not give direction  - for the readers that your testing  WAN working and LAN not  working ?

Did you even read my message completely? Or do you not understand?

I believe so, hence my direction to that video to capture information.

The post not clear or clarified here is what documents you have used(the manual is not clear.), as per i know cisco do produce enough documentation and use case. if that not covered what you looking and cisco clam that feature, contact TAC for help.

we only suggest based on the information i have and  to help people - if that is not working for you wait for other poster can suggest you any methods to fix.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Check the original message again. What is annoying is your reply obviously presumed I had not done even a basic search for a solution.Even-though I had clearly stated a thorough search was done.

Ok, I could have been more detailed in framing my question. FYI any packet capture software such as Wire Shark or other similar tools are available for such analysis.

The question is still open. It seems the community has no solution. Thanks for trying anyway...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card