Views
Helpful
Replies

Static IP Route Definition/Configuration

MUSTAFA3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would like to establish a connection between two subnets. There are two subnets: one of them is 192.170.x.x/16 and the other one is 192.168.x.x/16. I could not establish it with the IP route commands.

I also added the packet tracer file in order to show the topology that I work on.

Is there anyone that help me to solve this problem, what is wrong with my configuration?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not have packet tracer to test, as long as IP routing enabled, and SVI created in the device you should have communication.

bare in mind, one private space of RFC 1918  another one Public Address space.

can you post the device configurations to lookl

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am not able to share it, sorry for it.

But I share the basic configuration according to my work. I would like to access from the device that is connected to 192.170.x.x switch with 192.170.x.x IP address to the device that is connected to 192.168.x.x switch with 192.168.x.x IP address. Is it enough to understand the problem?

Hi,

That is gonna work, as long as you have an SVI in the users VLAN with an IP address configured which will be the user's default gateway, on both switches.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

They are still not able to communicate with each other

dan.eckholm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just had a quick look at you config file in packet tracer. You need to trunk the Vlan's to each core switch. 

Please rate answer if it helps :) 

Hi,

I did not understand, could you give more detail on "You need to trunk the Vlan's to each core switch."

Thanks.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card