cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Unlock an account on vedge

Daniel Pal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All. I got my admin account locked out somehow and now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to recover it. This is on my vbond server, which has not joined vmanage yet. We are running this on premise.

I have not been able to find documentation that show how to recover a locked account. Is anyone familiar with the process for getting out of this jam short of just making a new vbond.

Thanks.

sdwan_account_locked.PNG

7 Replies 7

HashamM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

- After 6 failed password attempts, session gets locked for some time (more than 24 hours)

- Other way to recover is to login to root user and clear the admin user, then attempt login again. Cisco TAC can assist in resetting the password using the root access.

- Also, if device has a control connection with vManage, push the configs from the vManage to over write the device password.

- Or rebuild the device.

Regards

Hasham

Hello, I have a similar issue. 

I can monitor and push config from the vManage to the vEdge. HashamM, can you elaborate on how to reset the admin password from vManage?

Thanks!

just copy the full configuration in vManage CLI Template then, edit the admin password from that configuration, now you are good to go with push this template to right serial number of that vEdge.

There is much easier way to unlock locked user.

Go to vManage build TOOLS | OPERATIONAL COMMANDS and then use "..." near the device to access "Reset locked user" menu item.

Awesome tip, thank you very much!

>- Other way to recover is to login to root user and clear the admin user, then attempt login again. Cisco TAC can assist in resetting the password using the root access.
What do you mean by this?
We can't access vedge directly by using root user.

Hi All.

I faced the same issue on my vmanage server.

it is taking 30 mins time to get unlocked, is there is any way to reduce the time period.

We are still unsure where the invalid logins may be coming from since we have no programs running to do this and none of us has been trying to login with wrong credentials. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: