cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN vEdge can't ping vBond

szymonsikorski
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco hosted SD-WAN fabric in a shared environment meaning we are a tenant that uses shared control components. There is a c8000v hosted in AWS that we onboarded and has active control connections to vBond and vManage. For some reason I'm not able to ping the vBond which is problematic because when you try to attach a device template to a device it goes through a check to see if it can ping vBond. It's just ping that fails for some reason. I can ping everything else on the internet using an FQDN so I know my router can resolve the names.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? I'm thinking the vBond is cisco hosted and we have no control over it so I can't check whether there is anything blocking ICMP to it. When I think that I can ping everything else on the web except for vBond my mind automatically thinks there is something dropping it or vBond tunnel interface doesn't allow ICMP but surely other customers on that vBond would also complain so its not very likely. I've tried putting a static ip host to resolve DNS for vBond and that's not helped either.

3 Replies 3

satveluc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, As you might already aware the device would just form the temporary tunnel to vBond we may not be able have the dtls up and running However Ping should be working. I suggest you to reach TAC  to validate if vBond receives the traffic when you try to ping. Also, have you tried doing a Trace route to vBond IP anytime. 

Thanks,
Sathish

chrislee074
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find the solution to this?  

mr-azrabi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team
I have kinda same problem
when deploying the vBond , before make it local , I can ping and trace it.
but when i make the vEdge a vBond ( by local command) I can still ping , but I'm losing traceroute.