cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vManage 20.9 web GUI not allowing to login with default admin/admin

Fabot
Level 1
Level 1

Using vManage 20.9.1 and 20.9.3, I have tried to login into web GUI, by entering the default user: admin and password: admin, the same as I used for older releases. However, it is not allowing to login.

Looking for workarounds, I have found the tip to use the command "request nms configuration-db update-admin-user" on the vManage CLI, in order to change the default passwords for this new releases (neo4j/password). I tried this tip, and I could successfully change the credentials from neo4j/password to a new one. But on the web GUI, it is still not allowed, even with new credentials just updated.

With that said, how to get access to the vManage GUI for 20.9.1 and 20.9.3?

See below what was performed on vManage CLI:

vManager# request nms application-server stop
vManager#
vManager# request nms configuration-db update-admin-user
Enter current user name:neo4j
Enter current user password:xxx
Enter new user name:admin
Enter new user password: xxx
configuration-db
WARNING: sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass is not supported. This will impact performance.
Successfully updated configuration database admin user
Successfully restarted NMS application server
Successfully restarted NMS data collection agent
vManager#
vManager# request nms application-server restart
Successfully restarted NMS application server
Successfully restarted NMS data collection agent
vManager#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hi Fabot -

There is no change in the default credentials, if the instance is spun in a stand-alone environment.
If this instance is cloud-hosted, it is tied to SSP portal and you will get a OTP to get it authenticated.
config-db password is different. That is for accessing the configuration database (neo4j)
This is not tied to vManage GUI password.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hi Fabot -

There is no change in the default credentials, if the instance is spun in a stand-alone environment.
If this instance is cloud-hosted, it is tied to SSP portal and you will get a OTP to get it authenticated.
config-db password is different. That is for accessing the configuration database (neo4j)
This is not tied to vManage GUI password.

HTH

Hi dear Svemulap,

Thanks for your reply.

I just updated the CLI password and it reflected to the GUI. Now I can log into vManage GUI 20.9.1.

Solved. Thanks a lot!

Dear Fabot -

Good to hear that you are unblocked :--)
Btw., given the recent Cert Issue, do make sure to run a version which has the fixes.
For vManage it is 20.9.3.1

HTH

Dear svemulap@cisco.com ,

Thanks for the image recommendation (vManage 20.9.3.1). In fact, it is also recommended by Cisco as a stable version.

Now I am using it, but it is presenting an error when attaching a device to a template.

Please take a look at this post I have just created for this issue.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/sd-wan-and-cloud-networking/vmanage-fails-to-attach-device-to-a-template-access-denied/td-p/4863744

fermiwu8888
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have the same situation as you before, but I have found the reason; the root cause is the flow(cable or port) which configured the vmanager must be used vpn512;  change the managed flow to vpn512, it will be ok to access website. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card