cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have some questions about Stealthwatch Cloud Private Network Monitoring deployment and sizing.

1. For the on-premise PNM deployment, how many cloud sensor virtual appliances do I actually need for my network? How do I determine the number required?
  2. Is there a sizing and scaling document for PNM cloud sensor virtual appliance?
  3. What if the virtual appliance fails? I assume I would need to use separate UDP directors for HA, then have at least 2 cloud sensor virtual appliances? Does this mean I am doubling the flow data sent from the identical replicated flows received by the cloud sensors to the SW cloud?
  4. The cloud sensor performance whitepaper indicates capability for a VM with 4vCPU/32GB mem/32GB disk to do 523,000 FPS, is this correct? For SW enterprise the Flow Collector VE with similar specs can do 22,500 FPS only?
  5. How many exporters does the cloud sensor virtual appliance support?
  6. Can a UDP directors be used with the Stealthwatch Cloud PNM deployment?
  7.  Is there an ordering guide for Stealthwatch cloud? Example I couldn't find any info about the ST-CL-PNM license. Does this mean with this license an endpoint with AnyConnect NVM can be used to send flow data directly to the SW Cloud when off-network? What about when the endpoint is on-network, wouldn't we be doubling the data sent (both by endpoint and switch/router configured as netflow exporter to PNM virtual appliance)? Or does this license tell us how many IP addresses will be licensed for support by SW cloud?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: