cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
donald.heslop1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone run into the "Channel down" issue when updating the identity certificate on the Stealthwatch SMCv and SFCv. I'm doing a POC for a client and every time I go an update the identity cert the SMC says "it could save the configuration" and I lose access to the SFC because of the issue with the updating the certs. At this point I'm thinking about just using the self-signed because I ran into this issue too many times. I just want to update the identity cert (which is signed by my internal CA) so that I don't get certificate errors when I open up the page in a browser.

What is the order of operation for updating the certificate. I followed the instructions and I'm still having this problem and the documentation is no help at all (not surprised on that).

Do I update the certificate on the SMC first and then add the SFC? The issue with that is I can't add the cert during the SFC setup so its like I have to join the SFC to the SMC, remove it from the SMC (which will allow me to get to the GUI of the SFC, update the cert (with the CA in the trust store), and then re-add it to the SMC. That is ridiculous.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: