cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I added two new vNICs to a SP and now after VMware boot, host is missing all config

nikthatte
Level 1
Level 1

I added two new vNICs to 12 service profiles. 10 were B200 M3s and 2 were B200 M4s. Two of the M4s after making this change take an extremely long time to boot and when up have lost all config. They don't have their datastores and are missing their boot lun. I thought it might be an issue with vnic placement so I modified the service profile and moved the iscsi boot vnic to the boot of the order but that hasn't helped.

Anyone ever see anything like this before? Do I need to disassociate the service profile and then reassociate it to the M4's?

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

As long as you don't have any scrub policies, then I would try  a dcom/re-ack which will also re-associate the service profile.

Does ESXi say anything about not having valid NIC in general?

I would compare the physical VMware VMNIC list with MAC addresses, and compare to your service profile MAC addresses and see if the order has been changed.  If the service profile vnics don't match the previous VMNIC list, then you may want to take a look at https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2091560 and see the section with the localcli --plugin-dir /usr/lib/vmware/esxcli/int/ deviceInternal alias list command.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card