cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address not working for CIMC web interface - different one works

alanraczek11
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco C240 M6 basically just set up and I am trying to get the CIMC web interface to come up. It is not on the network I am using a small hub and a laptop to connect. If I use a generic 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0 IP I can bring up the web interface just fine. I was given these IP's buy our netwrk guy: 10.209.40.64, 255.255.254.0, GW 10.209.41.254. The web page never comes up.

I am not a network guy so I don't know if the IP's are correct for the gateway and such. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did your network team outline a VLAN you should be tagging from the CIMC?

Is the port that you are connected from the CIMC to upstream switch an access port? trunk port? what is the config?

Are you learning any mac addresses on the upstream switchport?

Thanks.

No to the first question, do I need that configured?

I would assume it is an access port, can get the config I suppose.

Are you learning any mac addresses on the upstream switchport? Not sure how to verify that?

The background here is the server came with no drives in the front, only a 600GB drive plugged into the back as such:

c240m6.PNG

Can the OS be installed on this drive ? What is this drive used for?

...Alan

frankpicaport
Level 1
Level 1

Try to do ping first. And check if you are using the Management port. Connect a Monitor to check the correct IP when server is booting.

alanraczek11
Level 1
Level 1

It does ping and the correct IP displays.

frankpicaport
Level 1
Level 1

Try with a IE8 o Legacy View with MS Edge, Internet Explorer mode. Sometimes GUI are blocked by security issues.  

Compatibility View

Already did all that, Thanks.