Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EoX API GetBySerialNumber

Hello,

I have a problem with the EoX API.

When using the GetBySerialNumber method, no matter what serial number I use, the API always responds with an SSA_ERR_026.

Even if the serial number doesn't exist.

I have this problem since 4-5 days. I haven't made any change. Does someone have an idea what's happening ?

{"EOXRecord":[{"EOLProductID":"","ProductIDDescription":"","ProductBulletinNumber":"","LinkToProductBulletinURL":"","EOXExternalAnnouncementDate":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"EndOfSaleDate":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"EndOfSWMaintenanceReleases":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"EndOfRoutineFailureAnalysisDate":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"EndOfServiceContractRenewal":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"LastDateOfSupport":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"EndOfSvcAttachDate":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"UpdatedTimeStamp":{"value":"","dateFormat":null},"EOXError":{"ErrorID":"SSA_ERR_026","ErrorDescription":"EOX information does not exist for the following product ID(s): FHK0933224R","ErrorDataType":"PRODUCT_ID","ErrorDataValue":"FHK0933224R"},"EOXMigrationDetails":{"PIDActiveFlag":"","MigrationInformation":"","MigrationOption":"","MigrationProductId":"","MigrationProductName":"","MigrationStrategy":"","MigrationProductInfoURL":""},"EOXInputType":"ShowEOXBySerialNumber","EOXInputValue":"FHK0933224R"}]}

This is the Json response from the API using the serial number from the documentation.

Thank you for reading this and for your answers.

4 Replies 4

pmd123
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having the same issue, and have tested it with 80+ serial numbers. All came up null, which cannot be correct. 
Have you found any solution/reason? It would be wonderful if Cisco could get back to us about this. 

Update : I posted the issue on the Dev Support channel on Webex Teams.

Two other people seem to be in the same situation.

It has been reported internally. They'll update as soon as it's fixed.

cisco_webex_issue.PNG

UPDATE :

I have just been answered that the bug has been fixed.

So I tested it for a few serial numbers. It works but I often have 504 timeout HTTP responses from the API. It is very slow.

I'll test the API for few days then I'll put the topic on resolved status.

rasivaku
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would like to leverage the cisco support api's for the our product BCS. Appreciate if you some one guide me to on the same.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/support-apis/#!introduction-to-cisco-support-apis/introduction-to-cisco-support-apis

Specifically I am looking for "The Cisco Product Information API "

Thanks & Regards,

Ram