cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 CSSM on prem

jaketheape
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 5520 that I am trying to change licensing from RTU to smart. We also have a CSSM on prem. I'm getting this error:

Export-Controlled Functionality: NOT ALLOWED
Initial Registration: FAILED on Dec 21 2022 14:32:43 UTC
Failure reason: Fail to send out Call Home HTTP message.

There doesn't seem much help about for smart licensing with the 5520. I'm not sure why it is doing this. I usually set up our switches via command line and it seems far easier. 

Could anyone advise if they have had a similar message and what you did?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jaketheape
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I managed to fix this. It was very unpredictable almost like there is a bug within the software. After much persistence of removing the 5520 wlc from my on prem SSM, reloading the wlc and removing and reinstating the configuration from the foreign 5520 wlc it finally worked. Thankyou for your help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this 5530 ASA or WLC ? ASA Physical Kit, i do not believe ASA physical device support smart License as far i know.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jaketheape
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I managed to fix this. It was very unpredictable almost like there is a bug within the software. After much persistence of removing the 5520 wlc from my on prem SSM, reloading the wlc and removing and reinstating the configuration from the foreign 5520 wlc it finally worked. Thankyou for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: