cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Connect to CCO to Upgrade Using CSPC UI

rsanti207
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a tough time with this so far and I really need help. I have inherited CSPS from a coworker and really want to take advantage of it. I have all the passwords and the history shows it has ran in the recent past. I had an issue with the LCM UI Patch to install. The finally outcome was to use the cmd  'chmod 777 jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip' . This allowed it to be installed. I tell you this because this was a giant leap for me to figure this out. I am neither a unix nor Bash person. Once i got passed that, the new "Software Updates" appeared. I entered my CCO credentials and got the error message that the server was down. I checked my credentials to verify they are working on other Cisco's sites, like this one. I found a thread that suggested to check the firewall for blocks to/from 72.163.7.113. There were no hits in our firewall. A coworker did a packet capture and the only traffic is from my pc to the collector.  This is verison 2.5.2.1. I have tried the following browsers IE, Chrome and Vivaldi (if you aren't using it you should give it a try) I know I''m rambling but I have worked on this for the last two days and I am drained

2 Replies 2

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Do you know if your CSPC is currently using a proxy to upload to the SNTC backend?  In addition to 72.163.7.113, the software upgrade UI will need to reach also to sso.cisco.com, and dl.cisco.com for access. 

As a workaround to the issue, you may want to see if it's possible to download a fresh 2.7 OVA and have it replace your 2.5.2.1 appliance.  Instructions to deploy a new OVA are available here.

Thank you,

Jarrett

I had our firewall guy check everything and he assures me it is ready to receive and transmit. However, a connection appears to not be the issue.I have found a document that shows how to perform the CCO login from the command line. The command is "conf server enable" when I run this command it returns a error message that I don't have the entitlement to run this. I found yet another doc that show me how to run the entitlement form the web portal. I redownloaded the one that was there with no luck. I , also, created a new one and it too failed. If anyone can explain what entitlement I need or if there is a setting I'm missing that would be great.

A reinstall may be the only way to straighten it out but I want to leave that as a last resort because I really feel that this is a setting problem.