cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the Collector SNTC work in HA?

cmalfaro1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, please I wanna know if the Collector SNTC could work in High Aviability if I install two Collector SNTC. The customer require that the monitor of her services will be in High Aviability 24x7 in case one of the Collector SNTC fault.

Best Regards,

César M. Alfaro Suazo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cesar,

The collector is usually only configured to inventory and upload once a week, so there is no on-going polling that would require an automatic redundant collector. You would need to switch to the new collector manually.

If you're only using the other collector as a backup, then you could use the same license.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cesar,

Sure, just have the collectors manage the same list of devices and run regular inventories. If one collector fails you can then just switch to the other one with minimal downtime.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

Thanks a lot for you response, but that switch to other collector would be manually or its possible that it would be automatically previous configuration??. And for those collectors, I can use the same license or not??.

Thanks,

César M. Alfaro Suazo.

Hi Cesar,

The collector is usually only configured to inventory and upload once a week, so there is no on-going polling that would require an automatic redundant collector. You would need to switch to the new collector manually.

If you're only using the other collector as a backup, then you could use the same license.

Thanks,

Lynden

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Currently such setup is not supported by CSPC.

Regards,

Cesar