cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate fro CSPC re-use in new Server

EA-6901000101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm looking information regarding the reuse of certificate for CSPC. If I generated one certificate and register the server, Can I use the same certificate in the future for a new CSPC Server, this scenario is for same customer. Actually we are installing a temporal server for run the CSPC tools. Is possible Re-use the certificate or is required generated a new certificate for same customer.

Thanks in advanced

Kinds Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The recommendation is to have the certificate active on one collector only. Now if a collector is decommissioned and replaced then the same certificate can be redownloaded and reapplied to the replacement collector.

If your goal is to have more than 1 collector active at a time, then the recommendation is to create a separate certificate for each.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

EA-6901000101
Level 1
Level 1
Reusing the Same Certificate for another Collector
To re
-
use the same certificate on another collector perform the following steps:

Find the collector
certificate information (go to
finding appliance id
).

Shutdown the first collector.

Start the new collector.
I found this, so the server needs use the same hostname, IP address, when deploy new server? Or the best option is create a new certificate for the new server?
Use the same certificate number (obtained in the first step of this section) in the new collector.
Make
sure that you do not use the same appliance id/certificate on two active collectors, since this
would cause issues during uploads (not knowing which collector sent the upload).

The recommendation is to have the certificate active on one collector only. Now if a collector is decommissioned and replaced then the same certificate can be redownloaded and reapplied to the replacement collector.

If your goal is to have more than 1 collector active at a time, then the recommendation is to create a separate certificate for each.

Hi Edgar,

Please let us know if you need anything further. If not, please mark accept as solution to close the conversation.

Cheers,
Cheri