cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSP collector

larryr
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the ova file created appliance however when I got to connect to CSP collector I get this site cannot be reached in browser window. I can ping collector however I can not log into appliance. 

10 Replies 10

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Larry,

The collector requires port 8001 to connect. You reach it by:

https://<IPADDRESS>:8001

Are you able to bring up the GUI if you are local to the machine?

Thanks,

Lynden

How would I do that from the VMware console?

You would do it from a browser. You might also want to try a few different browsers, since it requires Java.

Yeah I tried Chrome, Firefox, opera, and still the same result. I have java version 8. They all give me that same error message. This site can't be reached refused connection. When I look at details it says to check the proxy of firewall. It is not our firewall or proxy.

This site can’t be reached

10.75.45.21 refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

From the VMWare Console run the command:

sudo service network restart

and run a continuous ping on it. Once it comes back up, try to connect again.

If that doesn't work, run the command:

sudo service cspc restart

and wait for it to come back up, and try again.

That still did not work. I did see something when I restarted cspc one of the lines read This account is currently no available. Starting CSPC Helper servers

Can you ping out from the collector?

It could be a switch/vlan misconfiguration in VMWare.

Hmm no I can not ping from CSPC to my workstation . That was the problem. Brain freeze all along I had a ping going from my workstation to CSPS and since it responded I never thought the there was an issue. I switched device to another network on VMware side and gave CSPC an address on that network and Boom!!! Now it is working thanks.

Glad I could help!

-Lynden

Thank You!