Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector with no free disk space

gustavoemerim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have faced some problems recently, and today I discovered that there is no free disk space on my collector.

I'm not an expert on Linux, and would like your help.

Follows the print:

[root@localhost ~]# df -h
Filesystem                                 Size        Used     Avail      Use%    Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root  230G      229G     0            100%    /
tmpfs                                         1.9G       0            1.9G       0%       /dev/shm
/dev/sda1                                  477M      41M       411M      10%     /boot
[root@localhost ~]#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luislhullier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, gustavoemerim.

First of all, you need to locate the directory which have the greater usage with "du -ch".

Usually, the directory used to store snmptraps is the most full if you install using standard configurations (/opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/data/snmptrap/rawdata in my case).

You can compact the files with a tar script or remove the snmptrap files and deactivate the traps with the following command:

touch $CSPCHOME/donotStartSyslog $CSPCHOME/donotStartSnmpTrap $CSPCHOME/donotStartFtp $CSPCHOME/donotStartTftp; chown casuser:casusers $CSPCHOME/donot*; chmod 710 $CSPCHOME/donot*; service cspc restart

Regards,

Luis Lhullier

NAPIT Network Solutions

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

luislhullier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, gustavoemerim.

First of all, you need to locate the directory which have the greater usage with "du -ch".

Usually, the directory used to store snmptraps is the most full if you install using standard configurations (/opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/data/snmptrap/rawdata in my case).

You can compact the files with a tar script or remove the snmptrap files and deactivate the traps with the following command:

touch $CSPCHOME/donotStartSyslog $CSPCHOME/donotStartSnmpTrap $CSPCHOME/donotStartFtp $CSPCHOME/donotStartTftp; chown casuser:casusers $CSPCHOME/donot*; chmod 710 $CSPCHOME/donot*; service cspc restart

Regards,

Luis Lhullier

NAPIT Network Solutions

gustavoemerim
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot Luis!!!!!!!

Hi,

with the Collector, did you mean a Smartcare appliance? if Yes, which commands did you use to get to the root of the problem or the folder which was causing the space issue,or did you just used the command given by Luis and everything was solved?

I have a Smartcare appliance with the same issue of  No Space Left On Device error.

Thanks.

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a different post :

You likely have the wrong specs for SNTC collector and are using the 2G mem and 40 GIg harddrive

what will generally happen is that 2G mem is insufficient for the processing needs of SNTC collector and it will throw kernel errors.  These errors are on /var/log  particularly on these 2 files

-rw-r-----+ 1 root root 1286671 Mar 4 11:37 kern.log
-rw-r-x---+ 1 root root 14654853 Mar 4 11:37 messages

If you are using the tiny specs as mentioned above you should redeploy with at least the minimum requirement for SNTC service which is the smal specs

specs2.jpg