Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collectorlogin Locked Out

Level 1
Level 1

The CLI collectorlogin account for our system is locked out.  Is there any way to reset this password without rebuilding the OVA?  The current version of our software is 2.7.  Please let me know if you need any additional information.

5 Replies 5

brawall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

If you have the credentials for the root user and you have console access to the VM you can login directly as root and clear the lock with the below command:

#pam_tally2 -u collectorlogin -r 

If you do not have the root account turned on you can enable it via the admin shell by typing:

#pwdreset root 90

Thank you,

Brandon

Brandon,

The root password that we have on file does not work via the console.  We have an admin account that we can use to log in via the web interface, but that does not work from the console or via SSH.  Are there any other options?

Thank you,

Mike

Mike,

The admin web interface user is a different user than the admin CLI user, so they have separate credentials. If you can locate the admin CLI credentials you can login and reset the root password. If not then you will need to redeploy. I'll include a link to the latest OVA version.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.7.4

Thanks,

Brandon 

May I ask, in case of a redeploy, which are the backup files I need to do in order to do not start from scratch? I've heard mentioned two "Device Credentials", "Managed Devices".

- Are those two enough?

- Which are the recommended export/backup formats (xml or CSV) ?

- Are below paths the correct ones for performing the 'backup'?

For "Device Credentials":

Device Management > Credentials Management > Add/Import Credentials > Device Credentials Configuration > ..Export..

For "Managed Devices":

Reports > Device Reports > View Managed Devices > Export (blue arrow)

Hi Daniel,

The two main assets that you would want to back-up would be the device credentials and the managed device list.

The CSV format should be sufficient, and the paths you have identified are correct. The method of importing device credentials will create a 1:1 entry of RO string to Device IP so if the complexity or quantity of the credential and associated IPs are not significant it could be more expedient to manually reconfigure for the purpose of keeping the Credential list to a single page.