Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCP Software Update

millerlw
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

We are running CSPC 2.11 and when trying to run the software update from within the CSPC via the Software Update tab, it is failing.  I had our Security department whitelist the URLs per the CSPC Software Upgrade guide, but it still appears to be failing with the message "Please check the log file for more details".  It tells me nothing else.

My CCO UserID is millerlw and we have been running the CSPC for several months, so this is not a new install but I believe it is the first time we have tried to update the software.

I have the log files downloaded and can upload them if necessary.

Thank you,
Leonard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jboyanob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, @millerlw 

I hope you are having a great day.

Thanks for the info provided. In this case, please try to follow the steps provided in the guide attached.

This guide is updated for 2.11.0.1 patch.

You should be able to install the patch using CLI. You should have your collectorlogin and root passwords to proceed.

Kindest regards,

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jboyanob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, @millerlw 

Thank you for contacting Cisco and Global CX - Smart Services Support Team. 
Please provide the next information on a private message, so I can assist you further:

- Company name.

- Email.

- CR Party Id.

- Please attach the logs from CSPC.

Kindest regards,

Log files attached.

Leonard

jboyanob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, @millerlw 

Thanks for the info provided. In this case, please try to follow the steps provided in the guide attached.

This guide is updated for 2.11.0.1 patch.

You should be able to install the patch using CLI. You should have your collectorlogin and root passwords to proceed.

Kindest regards,

millerlw
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, I have downloaded the file but just need to figure out how to get it to the server since it doesn't support FTP or TFTP.

Just so you know, I have to do it this way because the adminshell does not work, unless I'm doing it wrong.  I am getting the following:

*****PID file exists. But Adminshell service is not completely up.*****
*****If adminshell is restarted manually, please wait for 15-20 mins .*****

*****If adminshell is not restarted manually Please check nohup.out log at /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs for any errors .*****
*****Try restarting adminshell once using 'service adminshell restart' command .*****

UPDATE: 

I was finally able to get the adminshell working, but it's a little late in the date to start an upgrade, so I will try it again tomorrow.

Leonard

jboyanob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, @millerlw 

I hope you are doing great.

Thanks for the update. Please keep me posted on how the process goes.

Kindest regards,

millerlw
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I had to do it all from the adminshell, but I think it worked and if that's the case, thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

CSPC Show vesionCSPC Show vesion

CSPC_GUI_Version.png

Regards,

Leonard

jboyanob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, Leonard.

I hope you are doing great.

Thanks for the update. You are welcome!

Glad to know that the update is now completed and all looks fine.

Kindest regards,