Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.7 login page dont appears

willyskate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have a 2.7.3 cspc, i try to discovery along network, 10.0.0.0/8, the web access to cspc is block, dont show any login page with any browser, internet explorer, mozzila, chrome, i can review the job process by CLI? or i can any to log again by GUI, please, thanks for your help.

Add the files.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello willyskate,
For range based discoveries, it's recommenced to use Class C ranges. This will help with the overall discovery times. However, you can also modify the discovery settings to try and do larger ranges by going into advanced discovery options and reduce (SNMP Timeouts/SNMP Retrys) and enable ICMP. Another alternative to large discovery ranges, it to use a set of core seed devices and the protocol based discovery tool (CDP/OSPF/etc).

Settings -> Discovery Settings -> Ping ICMP Before Discovery

Thank you,
Jarrett

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello willyskate

Can you please let me know if this is an upgraded CSPC to 2.7.3 or a new 2.7.3 deployment?  Due to the large IP range scan, the CSPC may be taking a long time to load.  You can restart the CSPC application to stop the discovery and hopefully regain access to the CSPC again.  From the cli the command is "collector restart".

Thank you,

Jarrett 

Hi Jarret, 

The VM is a new deployment with the version 2.7.3, i dont wanna restart the CSPC, i need review the discovery job process, i can do that by CLI?

thanks for your help.

Regards.

Hello willyskate,

Unfortunately there is not a way to monitor the job from CLI.  I believe due to the large size of the discovery job the CSPC may be hung and will need to be restarted.  Could you please see if this helps to regain access to the GUI?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarret, 

if turn off and turn on the VM of the Collector, i will lose the data if i collect to this momment? i need scan a big network 10.0.0.0/8, can you suggest me any advice from discovery this IP segment.

thanks for your response.

regards.

Hello willyskate,
For range based discoveries, it's recommenced to use Class C ranges. This will help with the overall discovery times. However, you can also modify the discovery settings to try and do larger ranges by going into advanced discovery options and reduce (SNMP Timeouts/SNMP Retrys) and enable ICMP. Another alternative to large discovery ranges, it to use a set of core seed devices and the protocol based discovery tool (CDP/OSPF/etc).

Settings -> Discovery Settings -> Ping ICMP Before Discovery

Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi JArret,

Thanks for your help, thats work.

Regards.