Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.8.1-4 upgraded manually to 2.8.1-6 cannot login

vlad.raducanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have just deployed a Smart Collector for one of our customers using the .OVA file. After installing and configuring it, I tried to register it as a trial using my CCO account, but got the following error message:

Failed to download Registration file from Cisco Backend. Please try again. (I've attached a picture with this error encountered by someone else).

After looking online, I've seen that there is a bug CSCvr54360 the affected others in the same way. The bug was fixed in version 2.8.1-6 up to which I've upgraded the collector already.

I tried loggin in again and got the same error. Another post sugggested using the following command from the Linux shell of the CSPC:

wget https://concsoweb-prd.cisco.com/HeadendWebAppServlet/ --no-check-certificate

Which resolved and connected, but received a 404 not found for the HTTP request.

Any clues what may be causing this issue?

Thank you,

Vlad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok you have a TAC case on this problem? if so please send me the TAC case. I will want to attach that case to the bug I just created.  The reference bug you put on the post indeed was initially thought to be the same problem as the trial certificate error, but even though they are similar in symptom is not the same in resolution.  With that said I have created a new bug and hopefully to work with developers for its resolution.  The bug id is : CSCvs70380, but since I just created (01/16/2020)  you likely will only be able to see it and track tomorrow.

I am trying to devise a workaround which I will send to you via private message as soon as I can so that you can attempt and verify if viable.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

vlad.raducanu
Level 1
Level 1
bump?

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the SNTC community and I assume this collector is to be a Smart collector is there a particular reason you setting it up as a Trial collector instead of creating the actual certificate for the SNTC service ?

Hi Adias,

I posted here because I could not find a community category for just the CSPC platform. This customer does not have a SNTC contract so we'd like to run the CSPC as a trial and save the report so that we can get the kit list and S/Ns.

We have done this for other customers without SNTC contracts without issue (August 2019, October 2019).

I spoke with TAC about this and told them that after installing and configuring it initially I could not log in with my CCO ID, but they said there is no support for this and to refer this to the community.

Is there any way to see if there are any issues with the Cisco backend?

Thanks,

Vlad

Ok you have a TAC case on this problem? if so please send me the TAC case. I will want to attach that case to the bug I just created.  The reference bug you put on the post indeed was initially thought to be the same problem as the trial certificate error, but even though they are similar in symptom is not the same in resolution.  With that said I have created a new bug and hopefully to work with developers for its resolution.  The bug id is : CSCvs70380, but since I just created (01/16/2020)  you likely will only be able to see it and track tomorrow.

I am trying to devise a workaround which I will send to you via private message as soon as I can so that you can attempt and verify if viable.

Hi Adias,

I have no TAC case raised for this issue because TAC do not support this product.

Thank you for raising this issue internally, we have multiple customers waiting for CSPC to run on their infrastructure, but without SNTC support we can only ask them to wait for this issue to be fixed.

I am available this week to try the workaround, so let me know if you want to try the fix.

Thank you,

Vlad

It is not true Cisco TAC does not support CSPC.  For support you must have a specific contract for the service you are searching for and hold the proper contract for that Service.. In this forum that service is SNTC and below are the trype of contracts you are supported with SMART ASSIST for CSPC :

SNTC Customers

To get TAC support for SNTC Collector (CSPC) and Portal customer needs to have Smart Assist. This is included in bellow mentioned contracts:

• TS Advantage Bronze/Silver/Gold and Platinum (TSAB, TSAS, TSAG, TSAP)

• AMSP, AMSS, AMST, FTSS, SPADV, PNSAS

• CSAS or NLS1

I have just spoken with a Global Service Relations member of staff and found out that this is indeed the case; our customer apparently does not have any of the aforementioned contract types;

The issue has been resolved however and the collector is now registered.

Thank you for your assistance!

All the best,

Vlad