cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC/SNTC Software Update issue

Zhong
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CSPC 2.10.0.2 and want to update to the latest version (collector_2.11.0.1_Build-4.zip). However, the GUI update kept stalling, and no progress is showing even I waited over 30 minutes. How I fix this problem?

3 Replies 3

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Zhong 

Thank you for contacting Cisco.

Based on the description of the issue, I see that you are trying to upgrade the CSPC to the latest version.

First, I want to mention that upgrades through the GUI are not working on 2.10 version. Additionally, please note that it is not possible to upgrade the CSPC from 2.10.0.2 to 2.11.0.1 due to they are based on different Operating Systems. The CSPC 2.10 is based on CentOS while the CSPC 2.11 is based on Almalinux OS.

Secondly, to upgrade the collector to the latest version this steps are necessary: deploy the CSPC 2.11 OVA first, then download the 2.11.0.1 patch file, upload it to the collector and finally follow the instructions mentioned in the CSPC Migration Guide.

Find below useful documentation:

CSPC 2.11 OVA

CSPC 2.11.0.1 patch file

CSPC Upgrade Guide

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Best Regards.

Jesus

Zhong
Level 1
Level 1

Understood now that there is no upgrade path from 2.10.x to 2.11, But is there a configuration backup and restore process to the new 2.11 system to save the manual configurations? Thanks 

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Zhong,

Thanks for getting back.

Yes, there is a script for migration of the custom configuration of the CSPC. It can be downloaded in the Cisco Software Download site by clicking on link below.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.11

jelopezm_0-1723755421141.png

Note that this is helpful for custom configuration, if there is no custom configuration I suggest normally exporting and importing what's needed from old to new collector. (Credentials, managed devices, etc).

Best Regards,

Jesus