Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Software update stuck on "Initiated" Status - Version to 2.9.1

angelicamendoza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I'm having an issue updating  from Cisco CSPC Version 2.9.1 to Version 2.9.3.

There are two versions of 2.9.3 from the Software updates and both of them are showing initiated.

I have killed the server connection and did a reboot but still the status shows didn't change.

Please advise how to proceed.

11 Replies 11

shipand2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

I will be assisting you today.

Can you please mail the screenshot of the error you are getting?

Regards,

Shivam Pandey

Hi Shivam,

See the current screenshot after I have reinstated the snapshot and tried to upgrade it again.

I will wait for an hour and see if the status will change.

I will get back to you.

Thanks.

Hi Shivam,

There is no progress , the software update is still on initiated status.

Can you please suggest how to proceed?

Thanks.

Regards,

Angelica

Hey Angelica,

This version actually requires more than a hour to get upgraded . It takes actually 3+ hours you can however try LCM method of upgrade through adminshell.

For this go to adminshell:
check update
download <sp patch>

show download to check the progress of download

apply <sp patch>

show apply to check the progess.

Regards,
Shivam Pandey

I had this same issue.  I suspect you're also hitting bug CSCvz35717.  There's a workaround posted in the release notes for 2.9.1.3.

angelicamendoza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Benjamin and Shivam,

Thanks for your help.

I did a manual upgrade and follow this doco:CSPC Upgrade Guide (cisco.com)

I'm glad that manual upgrade worked for you.  Neither the GUI or the CLI upgrade worked for us until I did the workaround for bug CSCvz35717 as described in the 2.9.1.3 release notes.  Once the workaround was implemented, the CLI upgrade in the link you provide did finally work for us.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC_2-9-1-3_Release_Notes.pdf

Update.  Our 2.9 system is now unstable.  None of the collection jobs will run.  GUI will "hang" or take a very long time to display the login screen.  So far the word from Cisco is to rebuild the whole appliance.  I'm now attempting to start over with a fresh install of the 2.10 OVA.

Hey,

Can you run these two commands in cli as root

#systemctl restart concsotgw

#systemctl restart cspc

and then again run the collection

mikburns
Level 1
Level 1

I encountered this same problem and would like to add my experience.  A review of the release notes showed known issue CSCvz35717.  I did follow the instructions before attempted the GUI upgrade.  After more than 12 hours the GUI status was still stuck in initiated.  A reboot did not have any apparent effect.

Following the manual CLI admin as shown in post #5 appears to have worked.  The GUI screen now shows the version as 2.9.1.3.

To Cisco.  Given the critical importance to address the Apache Log4j RCE this is not high quality customer experience we should expect.  The patch should just "apply" without all of this "drama".  My 2 cents worth.

I fully agree with the 2 cents.

The GUI was stuck in initiated even after doing the work around first. Had to install from CLI.