Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC update fails, error 500

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

i have a situation similar to:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/smart-net-total-care-portal-and-collector-discussions/2-10-2-to-2-10-4-update/td-p/4680515

i am trying to update from 2.10.0.1 to 2.10.0.4. Unfortunately, i do not know the history of this collector. It was part of a merger, and as far as i know it runs and uploads a collection every week. I have been manually updating the devices. 

I tried to upgrade but i also get the 500-call failed pop-up mentioned in the above post. in my 4+ years of working with the collectors, i have never seen this error. again, i don't know the history, so i don't know what the cli passwords are, or if they were even recorded when this collector was built. also, i do not have access to the vcenter where this vm is deployed. I can hand this off to the person who was involved with this install. i have a hunch that updating via the cli will be needed.

But my main question is what does this error mean? and again, if cli access is needed via vcenter console, i would need to get others involved.

any assistance is appreciated. Thank you - chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello chris,

Following is the resolution of this post-

Had a quick call over the WebEx with the customer, regarding the Specific CSPC issue.
The CLI passwords were most likely corrupt or expired.
Entitlement was particularly used more than twice.

Explained the customer with customer education regarding the CSPC GUI, Entitlement, and Upgrades.

Confirmation from the customer, proceeding with closure.

Thanks & Regards,
Devashish Bourai.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

i did download the updatewebui log file, and i think i see what is going on. i don't know but am hoping that maybe just a new cert and reregistration will fix this.

Hello chris,

Following is the resolution of this post-

Had a quick call over the WebEx with the customer, regarding the Specific CSPC issue.
The CLI passwords were most likely corrupt or expired.
Entitlement was particularly used more than twice.

Explained the customer with customer education regarding the CSPC GUI, Entitlement, and Upgrades.

Confirmation from the customer, proceeding with closure.

Thanks & Regards,
Devashish Bourai.

dbourai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello chris,

Good day to you!

I have acknowledged this post.

Could you please share me your Email Address over the Personal message, so that we can discuss this issue further or have a quick call?

Thanks & regards,
Devashish Bourai.