cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSV file import error

mvooch1971
Level 4
Level 4

Trying to upload a file and received an error about a serial number for a chassis.  See below:

Cisco_SNTC_import.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Ok, I have a quick update.

It looks like this error indicates that a serial number is entered twice in the same file.
Please confirm that you have a unique entry of the serial number. If this is the case, eliminate one of the entries and try the import again.

Cesar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

*Edit: view my other response.

I've validated this issue. For some reason that serial number is throwing an exception, even though it is a valid serial number.

I'll check with the backend team to see if they can identify why this might be. For the time being, try removing the one line which contains that serial number and try to import again.

Note that the SNTC 4.0 release will be taking place soon so hopefully you can try again on that platform once available. They have promised great improvements on accuracy and inventory processing speed.

Regards,
Cesar

Hello Cesar,

I was able to remove one of the duplicates in the csv file and import into the Portal.  I am in the process of waiting for the upload to complete.  Hopefully it will not take too long.  Thank you!

Hi Michael,

Please let us know if you need anything further.  If not, please mark accept as solution to close the conversation.

Thanks!
Cheri

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Ok, I have a quick update.

It looks like this error indicates that a serial number is entered twice in the same file.
Please confirm that you have a unique entry of the serial number. If this is the case, eliminate one of the entries and try the import again.

Cesar