Views
Helpful
Replies

Get EoX by Software Release String

KrasenK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am trying to get EoX dates for particular NX-OS versions via the EoX API. 
I query this API endpoint: https://api.cisco.com/supporttools/eox/rest/5/EOXBySWReleaseString/1/{input1}
as input parameter I tested with few NX-OS version, for example: 7.1, NX-OS, 7.3, NX-OS, etc. 

As response from the API I receive thousands of lines (sometimes 10s of thousands) with various PIDs and EoX dates, but I cannot find any of the PIDs that we have in our network. Some of the product-IDs that I am interested in are: 
N5K-C56128P
N5K-C5596UP-FA
N7K-C7018

However, none of these are in the response which on other hand are popular platforms which has EoX announced, running NX-OS which also has EoX dates announced. So I am wondering what are the product IDs that I receive from the API as response ?
Can I somehow map the PIDs that I am interested to any from the response ? 
Are they some more generic family or group product IDs ? - If this is the case then how I can know the PIDs that I am interested in, in which family PID are they part of ? 

I am attaching one of the responses as example. 
Any additional information will be appreciated!

7 Replies 7

azhakhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Good day to you! I have acknowledged this post. could you please share the following details over the personal message-

CCO ID-

CONTRACT NO-

SERIAL NO-

COMPANY NAME-

PARTY ID-

Thanks & regards,

Azhan Shakil khan

LonThompson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - 

I have a similar problem.  I get data back, but the software api returns records by the EOLProductID.  Is this something that is generated by Cisco?  What would I have that matches this PID so I can automatically determine what the software EoX dates are for a software train?

As an example (below), will return 84 records.  Must I then find a matching PID to my product to get the EoX dates? It seems that if a software version EoX dates have been announced it would be across all products.  Is this not the case?

https://apix.cisco.com/supporttools/eox/rest/5/EOXBySWReleaseString/1?input1=17.3.5b,IOS-XE

Thanks,

Lon.

Hello,

We are looking into the issue and will assist you with the query. Could you please Private Message me the below mentioned details to proceed further:

Company Name:
CCO ID of the user:
Contract Number:

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

Hi 

I am having similar issue.  The api query returns huge list but unfortunate is becoming very difficult to match with the PID I am searching for. Would be great if you could help with this. 

Thanks

nauto
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having this issue, has anyone found a solution?

KrasenK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, in addition to the community posts, I also had a TAC with Cisco. After nearly one year of chasing them the results are: 

- The API is returning PIDs which is combination of the HW PID and the SW, however, there is no DB where you can check and find in advance the SW PID you are interested in. 
- Even if you know the SW PID it still might not be found in the API response, because not all of them are added, there was no schedule when they will be added, nor SLA. 

I opted to NOT use this API because  is unrealiable which makes it useless. 
I closed the TAC case probably around year ago, maybe something have changed in meantime, but I doubt… 

regards

LonThompson
Level 1
Level 1

The only solution I came up with was to pick the first one that was returned and assume that if a software was expiring, it would be expiring for all hardware platforms.  Not ideal, might not even be a correct solution.

Sorry  vivekcha@cisco.com, I missed your offer of sending you a DM to follow-up.  Has anyone reached a better solution to this at Cisco?

Regards,

Lon.