Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add Cisco VM MSE servers into CSP-Collector without SNMP

clark_collins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get our Cisco VM MSE servers added to CSP-Collector, without SNMP.  To manage the Cisco VM MSE, you use Cisco Prime Infrastructure.  I have Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 added to CSP-Collector and I do see it listed as covered in a contract.  The VM MSE's are under another contract, and it is not listed in SNTC portal.  I tried to do the file import and they are showing up, without any contracts or the SN.

The issue I'm having is Cisco VM MSE servers do not support SNMP read/write strings.  They are solely managed by and licensed through Cisco Prime Infrastructure server.

So, how do I get my Cisco VM MSE servers and/or contracts added to CSP-Collector or SNTC portal without SNMP?

Thank you,

Clark Collins IV

SWN

4 Replies 4

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clark,

How are you formatting the CSV file import for the devices? We are experiencing some bugs related to the file import, but I want to make sure the file is set up correctly as well. The SN needs to be included in the CSV.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hello,

The CSV file import is correct.  I see my two VM MSEs, but no contract.  I looked under the "Inventory Insight>Others" menus and found that the SN that I entered on 2 different imports do show up there.  But there was an error also.  "FALLOUT REASON: Failed in Table Driven Validation process. Serial Number format is not valid"  I'm also including a small snip-it of the errors. What is the correct SN format to add into the CSV file?  I did both full UDI SN and just the SN with no success.  Am I missing a format?

Thank you,

Clark Collins IV

Clark,

thank you for sending your file offline. You are getting this message because the product you are uploading is not supported by SNTC. You can find details on which products are and are not supported using our PID Checker located here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12098436/sntc-product-id-checker

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And to clarify that only CSV import to Portal will work for this as the CSPC requires SNMP access to devices to manage them and upload into the Portal.