cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete "Inventory and Segment" items and duplicate equipment?

sntc_rlc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

When I "File Import", MORE AND MORE "Inventory and Segment" items and duplicate equipment added to the portal.

How to delete "Inventory and Segment" items and duplicate equipment?

Thanks

Justin

10 Replies 10

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey sntc_rlc@ringline.com.tw,

Are you referring to the device count in the SNTC Portal?  Re-uploading devices to the portal should not increase the count.  It should identify that it is the same appliance and update the data on the portal.

Thanks,

Justin

Actually re-uploading devices to the portal increase the count. Please see the attachment.

Why the SNTC Portal cannot manage(modify or delete) the  "Inventory and Segment" items and equipment?

Thanks

This is strange.  Multiple entries should not be imported in the same "Inventory and Segment" name, but can appear in different ones.  Can you confirm that these are all showing up in the same "Inventory" by clicking on the pencil icon at the top of the left dashboard?  Only one inventory should be selected instead of all of them.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Sir,

They are all showing up in the same "Inventory".

Another question, how to delete "Inventory and Segment"?

Thanks

Apologies for the delay in response.  I have checked the EC and inventory name you have included in the last post.  I see what you referenced to in terms of the multiple entries with the same hostname.  However, on the "All Equipment" tab where you are viewing these, look over to the right under the "Equipment Type" field.  This references the actual equipment part that is associated to the hostname, thus there can be multiple entries of the same hostname if there are multiple associated parts (i.e: Chassis, Fan, Module, Power Supply, etc).

In terms of the second question, as of now the feature to allow inventories to be removed has not been enabled on the SNTC portal.  It is a feature that is currently in the works for enhancement and does not have an ETA of when it will go live for the public.

Thanks,
Justin

Simply importing the same CSV file twice, will introduce duplicates. I have devices with identical hostname, IP address, serial number, product ID and family and these do not show up in the duplicate report. Why can I not simply select a line and delete it? If I decommission a device I don't want it to show up in a 'not covered' report as I don't manage it anymore.

Hello -

Has there ever been an update to this? I know you can delete a 'Segment' portion, but what about the full 'Inventory' portion?

Thanks,

G

Hi,

As of now, deleting inventory option is not available on SNTC portal yet. However, there is an enhancement for inventory deletion feature but there is no ETA at this point.  You can track the bug at CSCvc20516.

Cheers,

Cheri

Hi,

We have implemented the ability to delete inventories from the SNTC portal.  This capability is available to Customer Admins and can be granted to CBR Admins.  Please review the release notes for further details.

Cheers,

Cheri

Hello,

i  have an CSCP doing automatic upload with somes equipments to the registered inventory, i also did a manual upload with some equipments to the same inventory. So i can see all equipments. This is so far correct.

I Deleted the  inventory which is ok.

However, once my CSCP doing automatic upload with only one equipment with the same old inventory name (registered with the CSPC), all old equipments from (manual upload) also come back with the inventory.

Is It possible to delete some equipments within one inventory ?. the ones with manual upload.

Thanks for your help.

ong