Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper V Deployment Hangs while loading

tshawsbcourts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i am trying to create CSPC VM using the ISO on a Hyper-V. After installation using the ISO, the server reboots and starts loading but then it hangs on this screen. I understand hyper-v is not supported by cisco but it appears others have had this issue support has provided a solution. Can someone provide me a solution to this error?

This was resolved in this case.

Hyper-V.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tshawsbcourts
Level 1
Level 1

I found a solution for this. the screen shows that everything has been loaded and the progress bar is complete. press the arrow keys and it will show the logs. It looks like it is booting over and over and I had one failure on that screen that said something along the lines of "failed to start network manager" i disconnected the network adapter and rebooted the machine and I let is sit over night and in the morning the prompt to set the password was there. the logs will show the attempt over and over to start the OS but eventually i think it gives up on trying to reach the network and boots without it. I assigned an IP address to the collector and went back into hyper v and added the network connection back and it is working

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@tshawsbcourts 

Probably TAC might be able to help you, i suspect that ISO is "binded" on a different hypervisor

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Thank you for contacting Cisco and Global CX - Smart Services Support Team.

I understand that you are facing issues with the CSPC installation on Hyper-V. We would like to help you, however, due to CSPC installation on Hyper-V being not officially supported by Cisco Smart Services Support Team. There is no official workaround for this problem. Therefore, I can suggest the workaround mentioned in the CSPC Quick Start Guide on page 5 "Important Note" https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf.

Please review and let me know if it works.

tshawsbcourts
Level 1
Level 1

I found a solution for this. the screen shows that everything has been loaded and the progress bar is complete. press the arrow keys and it will show the logs. It looks like it is booting over and over and I had one failure on that screen that said something along the lines of "failed to start network manager" i disconnected the network adapter and rebooted the machine and I let is sit over night and in the morning the prompt to set the password was there. the logs will show the attempt over and over to start the OS but eventually i think it gives up on trying to reach the network and boots without it. I assigned an IP address to the collector and went back into hyper v and added the network connection back and it is working