Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid Software EoX Alert

twylyghtcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Attached screenshot showing mis-attributed alerts for IOS XE 3.7.XE

Alert shows for the exact same equipment as is for the IOS XE 3.6.0E alert.  These devices have been verified to be running variants of 3.6 XE and not 3.7 XE

URL referenced is identical to IOS XE 3.6.0E lifecycle alert

16 Replies 16

Hi James,

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing the screenshot.  We'll have a look and get back with you shortly.

Cheers,
Cheri

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

I can see that alert EOL11205 has a very recent amendment date.  Would you be able to issue a new upload from your CSPC so I can see if the alert status get updated?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Jarrett is correct.  They recently updated this EOL Notice and erroneously changed the title to 3.7E from 3.6E.  They just corrected it back to 3.6E a couple of days ago.

Issued a new upload last night that failed.  Once I get that issue corrected, I will be able to assess if this shows as corrected in our reporting.  My thanks for the update.

New upload just got done.  Still getting the same results (screenshot attached)

My bad.  I saw it updated on Cisco.com and assumed it meant our source DB was updated.  Turns out it isn't.  I've reached out to that DB owner to find out the plans to get it updated.  There is also a bug in SNTC UI that reports duplicate bulletins.  That is why you are still seeing the old 3.6 entries.  It seems some of your hardware in the DB perhaps hasn't been in the upload so it still has the old title there.

My thanks for the reply, sir.  With respect to old/duplicate entries, I have been rectifying those by syncing up the notes.  Once down, the duplicate entry no longer appears.

With respect to the old 3.6 entries, the items featured in the snapshots are actually running 3.6 and the 3.7 EoX line is invalid.

I think all your devices are 3.6.  The 3.7 title is just the erroneous title leaking through.  The underlying bulletin and alert is valid.  Just the title is misleading.

They fixed the title in the backend DB now.  

I saw where the updates for this particular issue had been resolved.  However, another slight issue cropped up in its place (screenshot attached)

The HW EOX one is not a duplicate.  They are for different HW PIDs on same bulletin.  For the SW EOX, there are 2 different issues here.  One is the old title record and we're looking into that.  The other you sent for 3.16.S isn't really a duplicate as it is two different bulletins.  But it is an erroneous SW EOX alert match because your device is an ISR4431 and the 2 EOX bulletins are for ASR900 & ASR920.  I'm checking if that is a known issue already.

My thanks for the quick reply. Regarding the HW EoX, I should have clarified: I was looking to see why these PIDs were not collapsed into a singular line item rather than splitting them into two separate line items.

Agree that the presentation layer here could be improved and should be summarized by bulletin. I’ll pass that along.

Agree that the presentation layer here could be improved and should be summarized by bulletin. I’ll pass that along.