Views
Helpful
Replies

IP collection

Cisco SmartNet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a easy way to see which IP's range I'm doing my collection? I mean, I don't wanna see all the devices collected (managed devices list), I wanna see the IPs (range or known IP) where is running the collection, per example: the first and the last address of a IP range.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Cisco SmartNet,

Exactly, there isn't a IP range for the collection job.  The collection job only inventories the devices that were already discovered and are in 'Managed Devices'.

You can see the discovery jobs you have previously ran if you want to see what IPs/ranges you have scanned previously.

Thanks,
Justin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Cisco SmartNet,

The collection job only inventories the devices in the managed devices list.  It will run a quick discovery on these managed devices to ensure that connectivity is still there before collecting data.

The discovery portion is what scans IP ranges/networks to pick up new devices if detected.  Do you have discovery jobs scheduled?  You can determine this by going to 'Reports' -> 'Discovery Jobs' -> See if there is a job that has a 'Next Schedule Time'.  If so, you can open up this job, select action to 'View Job Details' to see what is being scanned during the discovery.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,

I understand that but if I don't have discovery job scheduled yet, there is a place where I can see the IP range? Or I can see that only on "Managed Devices" list, looking device per device?

Regards.

Hey Cisco SmartNet,

Exactly, there isn't a IP range for the collection job.  The collection job only inventories the devices that were already discovered and are in 'Managed Devices'.

You can see the discovery jobs you have previously ran if you want to see what IPs/ranges you have scanned previously.

Thanks,
Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: