Level 1
Level 1

Need assistance and on call support during CSPC upgradation to Ver 2.11

@jboyanob @wsmithtu 

11 Replies 11

juanfsan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team, thank you for the post, we sure can help, anything specific you need assistance on upgrading CSPC to version 2.11?

Hi @juanfsan  thanks for your response. Last time during upgradation we encountered some issues. So we would like to do the upgradation on your presence. If you can share us your availability for tomorrow - we will start the upgradation during that time and also please do let us know how we can get in touch with you for any immediate assistance. 

juanfsan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

very well then, DM me, I think it would be best to handle the meeting set up there.

Hi @juanfsan 

I just sent you a message. Can you confirm if you receive my message ?

Below was the subject :

We are planning to do this during US off business hours. If we do the upgrade late today between 11PM - tomorrow 7AM CST. Will you be available during that time ? I dont know in what time zone you are available. If you are not available during this time frame can you please suggest us few of your availability for tomorrow. 

Hi team, since you have not mentioned anything specific regarding issues, I will cover the basics with the standard upgrade guide, if there are any errors do let me know.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

IOCNetwork1911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @juanfsan we will be upgrading the CSPC now to version 2.11. Please standby. We will update you if we observe any issue. Thanks.

Hi @juanfsan can you please come on a call with us now. We are unable to take backup before the upgradation. 

juanfsan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team, I wasn't available at the moment, my schedule for tomorrow would be from 8:00 am till 3:00 pm CST, also, what issue when making a back up are you running into do you have any errors, a screenshot?

IOCNetwork1911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @juanfsan no problem. Since we had some technical challenges, we did not proceed to upgrade. We have below doubts: 

1. Currently our CSPC is running on version 2.10. We need to know if the upgrade is possible directly to 2.11 from 2.10 version ? 

2. We see the below steps in the upgradation manual shared by you -
Login with CCO credentials and download the collector_2.11.0.1_Build-4.zip from the Download Center onto to your local box.
Copy the downloaded collector_2.11.0.1_Build-4.zip file to the collector appliance in the directory /opt.
Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin.

We need to know how we can copy the collector appliance to the directory /opt ? If you have any SOP that explains step by step procedure it will be a great help. 

If you can come on a meeting with us and walk through us with the steps it will be a great great help for us. We can plan for the upgradation anytime upon your availability Next week. 

juanfsan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team, I am looking for this information, I will get back to you with answers shortly.

enrirami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Regarding your questions.

1. Currently our CSPC is running on version 2.10. We need to know if the upgrade is possible directly to 2.11 from 2.10 version ?

A/. CSPC 2.11 is based on Cisco’s Alma Linux 9.3, which replaced CentOS7 in CSPC 2.10. For this reason there is not upgrade path available and it must be a migration.

2. We see the below steps in the upgradation manual shared by you -
Login with CCO credentials and download the collector_2.11.0.1_Build-4.zip from the Download Center onto to your local box.
Copy the downloaded collector_2.11.0.1_Build-4.zip file to the collector appliance in the directory /opt.
Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin.
We need to know how we can copy the collector appliance to the directory /opt ? If you have any SOP that explains step by step procedure it will be a great help.

A/. Those steps are required to upgrade to version 2.11.0.1, however, you need to complete the migration from 2.10 to 2.11 before upgrade to latest version. Once CSPC version 2.11 is deployed then you could proceed to upgrade to version 2.11.0.1

From this link you can download the OVA file for version 2.11:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.11

In the link, you can see there is one called "Script for migrating custom settings from CSPC 2.10.0.1/2.10.0.6/2.10.0.7 to 2.11", please download it and unzip the folder, there it is included the PDF file with the proper instructions to complete the migration.

Kind Regards,

Enrique Ramirez.