cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need NLS1 Service Contract Number

slhawks2015
Level 1
Level 1

I was told to post question her to get our NLS1 Service Contract Number before getting support to my issue below.

When our staff member with Cisco ID "thomas_irick" logins into SmartNet at URL: https://www.cisco.com/web/smartservices/sntc.html or https://tools.cisco.com/smartservices/ he gets logged in but no devices are displayed. This user also has access to our Admin portal. I have included a few contract numbers and screenshot from our management portal. My contact information is also listed below.

Contract: 93618461

Parent Party ID: 11014247

Child Party ID: 5665255

Keep in mund that my Cisco ID "slhawks2015" display all our SmartNet devices when I login to the portal.

Thanks

Steve

6 Replies 6

Kevin Kelly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

In comparing the setup of your two IDs, I see a difference in the Party ID at which Thomas's SNTC role was assigned.  Both IDs are associated to the 11014247 party, but while your SNTC role is assigned at that same party, Thomas's is assigned at a different party, 7742813 (which is actually the parent "global ultimate" party in our hierarchy).  I can also see that Thomas at one point had been assigned the role at 11014247, but that role was inactivated on 11/3.

Long story short, since both of you appear to be Company Delegated Administrators for the 11014247 party, either one of you should be able to log in to the Cisco Services Access Management ( https://cdceb.cloudapps.cisco.com/csam ) and use the "User-Role Assignments > Assign Roles to Users" function to assign Thomas the SNTC role.  That should give him access to view the inventory, same as you.

Note that Thomas having the role at two parties might cause your company to display twice in the portal navigation, so be sure he picks the "right one".  If this resolves his issue, we can delete the extraneous role record.

Kelly,

Marcela Espinoza Rios -X <marceesp@cisco.com> assisted with eliminating one of the IDs for Tom. Now the only ID listed for Tom is "thomas_irick" (see screenshot) but he is still not see any of our devices when he logs into SmartNet Total Care. I have submitted another assignment of the SmartNet Total Care admin role and will let you know the results.

Thanks

Steve

Kelly,

Tom has not attempted login yet but Cisco User ID "thomas_irick" shows delete status the next date 1/5/17. We really need someone to resolve this issue as soon as possible. New Screenshot attached.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

From what I see, the instructions I gave before should have resolve the problem, but doesn't look like they were followed.  I'm not exactly sure what Marcela did, but as best I can tell, she inactivated the wrong record.  Here is what I did:

1.) Logged in to https://cdceb.cloudapps.cisco.com/csam

2.) Navigated to "User-Role Assignments > Assign Roles to Users"

3.) Clicked the "Show Existing Users" radio button, then the radio button next to your company name, then the checkbox next to Tom's name, then clicked "Next".

4.) On the next screen, expanded the twistie next to "Smart Net Total Care" to display the role names.

5.) Checked the box next to the role you wanted assigned.  Left the date fields BLANK.  Clicked "Assign".

It may take 6 hours or so for the SNTC portal to sync the new role assignment, after which Tom should see the new (additional) company in the top navigation of the SNTC portal, and be able to view the same inventory as you.

Our "thomas_irick" account now shows approved on the Cisco Services Access Management portal but Tom still see no inventory when he logs into SmartNet Total Care. Can you assist with getting our inventory to display for "thomas_irick". I am attaching 2 screenshots.

Thanks
Steve

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I cannot see an NLS1 or CSAS contract type for the Company name in your profile. If you have Asset Management or TS Advantage type of contract you can use these to get support for the SNTC portal and Collector.

Regards, Tim