cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Auth (TACACS+) to CSPC Admin

le_
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to setup remote authentication via TACACS+ to ACS5.7 for the CSPC Web UI, though unsuccessfully.

I have configured the remote auth servers under 'Manage Remote Authentication Servers' and can test (CSPC says failed but ACS says passed), but when I try to auth using my ACS account it does not send the authentication request to ACS. Is there somewhere I need to set the authentication source or sequence?

3 Replies 3

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Luke,

Under Administration > Manage Users you have an option to add a user. Select "Remote User" for the Auth Type. Enter the username and then click OK. You should now be able to log in as that user.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi All , 

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Updating the user profile does not resolve the problem. The ACS server logs a "passed authentication " event . The Collector however displays an " invalid credentials" error. I've tested using both Radius and Tacacs+ and receive the same results 

Regards

david9young
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All , 

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I defining the user as external does not resolve the problem. The ISE (Tacacs) server logs a "passed authentication" event . The Collector however displays an " invalid credentials" error. I've tested using only Tacacs+.  The "test" option in CSPC for each of the ISE servers setup for external authentication always fails, but again the ISE side will say, "passed authentication".

Regards