Views
Helpful
Replies

Segments and Inventory view

jmanzanera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just created 3 Segments on my inventory and since then, all the Segments created are not visible any more from the Segment Management (see attachment), I double checked the community and I saw this threat (https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13032091/how-modifydelete-segment), I made all the points mentioned on the threat, however the solution still there... Should I wait 24 hours or is could be a problem with my browser?

On the other hand, I'd like to know where I could see the devices that are not matching with a segment after upload from Collector?? Is any quick view to check the all devices that are not belongs to any segment? I tried to unselect all the segments but I can't not see it, is anything that I'm doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You had posted this in a sub-community that is not monitored. I have moved it to the top level so it can be visible to all.

Thanks,

Nathalie

Gregory Tessler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Have you been able to see the 3 segments you had created previously in the portal or is that still an issue for you?  Can you please verify that you have selected the proper inventory these segments were created in?  Sometimes if there are multiple inventories, that ends up being the issue of not being able to see the proper devices. 

I did see the screenshot you provided and if the segments were created just prior to creating the screenshot, either a screen refresh of the segment management grid or a portal logout/login might update the segment view properly. 

For you second question, if you have some devices that are part of the inventory in question but not included in ANY of the segments you have created, you might not be able to see these devices.  I know there is currently an outstanding issue in Smart Net Total Care that stops users from seeing some of their inventory in this situation.  We are actively working on a fix for this issue and it should be updated shortly, possibly the next couple of weeks. 

Thanks,

Greg

Hello Gregory

The issue is already solved. After some investigation I found the issue was located on the Access given to each user.

After create a new admin user and reconfigure the Management access the problem was solved.

Regards