Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Alerts information

Cisco SmartNet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Regarding the "Active Alerts Summary" dashboard, I know that "Software-EOX" informs about some "end of..." note for the IOS in reference.

But I have a question regarding that, it also means that the IOS version in reference it's not currently recommended by Cisco? Everytime that an IOS version shows up at "Software-EOX" dashboard it means that the customer needs to do the update to the most recently version recommended by Cisco? I mean, if the hardware it's using the lastest IOS version, it is possible that this version shows at "Software-EOX" dashboard?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Kindly find the below pointers:

Yes, the Software-EOX can include End of sale or End of Life or support etc., of the specific devices which are associated with your account.

- But I have a question regarding that, it also means that the IOS version in reference it's not currently recommended by Cisco?

The software versions you use in your network devices which are affected by alert would have a particular End of Life milestones and Due Dates which will be clearly mentioned in the Link to Cisco.com for the respective devices. So, you can refer the link and upgrade the version as per the information given in the link.

- Everytime that an IOS version shows up at "Software-EOX" dashboard it means that the customer needs to do the update to the most recently version recommended by Cisco?

Here, you will be informed with the details of the due dates for milestones such as End-of-Life Announcement Date, End-of-Sale Date: OS SW, Last Ship Date:OS SW, End of SW Maintenance Releases Date:
OS SW, End of Vulnerability/Security Support:OS SW, Last Date of Support:OS SW. Based on the information given in the link, you can take action.

- I mean, if the hardware it's using the lastest IOS version, it is possible that this version shows at "Software-EOX" dashboard?

Yes, there could be a possibility that the Software version would require upgrade. It depends on the software that is used in the Hardware.

Regards,

Madhusha R

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This case is acknowledged by me. We will get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Madhusha R

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Kindly find the below pointers:

Yes, the Software-EOX can include End of sale or End of Life or support etc., of the specific devices which are associated with your account.

- But I have a question regarding that, it also means that the IOS version in reference it's not currently recommended by Cisco?

The software versions you use in your network devices which are affected by alert would have a particular End of Life milestones and Due Dates which will be clearly mentioned in the Link to Cisco.com for the respective devices. So, you can refer the link and upgrade the version as per the information given in the link.

- Everytime that an IOS version shows up at "Software-EOX" dashboard it means that the customer needs to do the update to the most recently version recommended by Cisco?

Here, you will be informed with the details of the due dates for milestones such as End-of-Life Announcement Date, End-of-Sale Date: OS SW, Last Ship Date:OS SW, End of SW Maintenance Releases Date:
OS SW, End of Vulnerability/Security Support:OS SW, Last Date of Support:OS SW. Based on the information given in the link, you can take action.

- I mean, if the hardware it's using the lastest IOS version, it is possible that this version shows at "Software-EOX" dashboard?

Yes, there could be a possibility that the Software version would require upgrade. It depends on the software that is used in the Hardware.

Regards,

Madhusha R