cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacked switches in the custom inventory report

gannunzi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Customer wants a way to identify the stacked switches in the inventory report. They also want to know which is the master vs slave switch when multiple switches are stitched together

I dont see a way to tell as i look through the custom inventory report, to me it seems switches with the same IP address are both "Parents" with different Instance numbers.

Is there a solution for this?

Thx

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Greg,

As of now, identifying and differentiating stacked switches is not available on the SNTC portal. However, we do understand that users want to see additional granularity regarding stacked configurations and we will be exploring this.

Cheers,

Cheri

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Greg,

As of now, identifying and differentiating stacked switches is not available on the SNTC portal. However, we do understand that users want to see additional granularity regarding stacked configurations and we will be exploring this.

Cheers,

Cheri

There is a plan to introduce a Network Element (Device) Type that will classify Stack, VSS, and others in the future.

Hi Cheri,

could you please confirm if the issue still exist in the version 2.8. of SmartCollector?

At least I see on the FullInventory --> TooltipSummary: Items in green color represents stack chassis devices. But on the CustomInventory sheet I'm not able to find the Stack and Stackmembers.

Cheers

Taher