cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install Collector on Vmware using OVA file

NT_01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am attempting to install the latest ova file (Collector-2.8.1.4-B-04.ova) on our Vmware Vcenter Server 6 installation.

Each time I receive the error "Failed to deploy OVF package. ThrowableProxy.cause A general system error occurred: Transfer failed: The OVF descriptor is not available."

I have downloaded the OVA file multiple times to ensure it is not corrupted but get the same error.

Can anyone help me get around this issue?

Thank-you

Fred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ye,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to fix the issue eventually - it turned out being a certificate issue with my browser. I had to download the cert package from Vcenter and then I was able to spin up the VM.

Fred

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ye Liang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fred,

Have you tried using different browsers or deploying on a specific VM host? I've read about this issue with various OVF deployments and it is usually a VCenter problem.

Thanks,

Ye

Hello Ye,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to fix the issue eventually - it turned out being a certificate issue with my browser. I had to download the cert package from Vcenter and then I was able to spin up the VM.

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: