Views
Helpful
Replies

Latest CSPC build?

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I’m about to deploy another CSPC and are would like to know what any forthcoming CSPC release schedule is?

Due to security requirements this collector will not have internet access, thus it will not be upgradable once built; hence the desire to be using the latest build.

Thanks in advance,

Graham

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Product management has just informed me that the next planned release will be in December 2017.

Thanks,
Taylor

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hey Graham,
Please see the link below for the latest OVA download:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286312935&softwareid=286312958&release=2.7&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=rm

When the next OVA is released, it will be communicated through the SNTC community. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Taylor

Hi Taylor,

I know what/where the current release is, my specific question was concerning the release schedule?

Let me check internally, and I will let you know if I receive an ETA on the next OVA release.

Hello,

Product management has just informed me that the next planned release will be in December 2017.

Thanks,
Taylor

Hi Graham,

Please let us know if you need anything further.  If not, please mark accept as solution to close the conversation.

Cheers,
Cheri

Thank you for providing the date.
It looks like we will deploy the new collectors on 2.7 then rebuild at a later date, unless the upgrade files will be provided to support collectors that don't have direct internet connectivity?

Hi Graham,

To apply incremental CSPC upgrades, the collector does need to be connected to the Internet.  We have heard from other customers that offline upgrades are needed, so this is being looked into, however, there is no timeline for making this available. 

Cheers,

Cheri