cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Setup, Missing Inventory / Segment

Daryl Clark
Level 1
Level 1

Just finished setting up a new CSPC 2.7, registered it to the portal, added some devices and uploaded the results. When I log into the portal and click on the "edit" button next to my company name to see the additional Inventory and Segment there is nothing there except some test one that i created years ago. None of the new devices show up. Does it take some time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Daryl,

Apologies but it seems there are some uploads that weren't being associated to the company name via our backend.  However, it seems a handful has been pushed in today.  There have been ten uploads pushed on todays date and they will need to take some time to process.  As of now it doesn't seem like any are blocked/lock up as of yet so we will give it some more time to process each upload.

However, for future reference please refrain from pushing multilple uploads at once.  Customer best practice is to conduct a collection and upload once a week or once the previous jobs have finished.

Thanks,

Justin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Daryl,

Can you PM the proprietary information such as the company and inventory names?  This can be done by clicking on my username and selecting the private message option.

Thanks,

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Daryl,

It seems there hasn't been a successful upload to hit our backend except for the test one conducted on 9/21/16.  Can you take screenshots of the collection and upload profiles by following the below steps and send them.  The upload profile is only necessary if the option to export on the collection profile is not selected.

Settings -> Manage Data Collection Profiles -> Select the used profile and click over to Profile Details -> Take screenshots of this (May take more than one to get all of profile)

Settings -> Manage Upload Profiles -> Select the used profile and take screenshots (May take more than one to get all of profile)

Thanks,
Justin

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Daryl,

Apologies but it seems there are some uploads that weren't being associated to the company name via our backend.  However, it seems a handful has been pushed in today.  There have been ten uploads pushed on todays date and they will need to take some time to process.  As of now it doesn't seem like any are blocked/lock up as of yet so we will give it some more time to process each upload.

However, for future reference please refrain from pushing multilple uploads at once.  Customer best practice is to conduct a collection and upload once a week or once the previous jobs have finished.

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks...for the uploads that wernt being associated, what do i need to do to fix that?

Hey Daryl,

This isn't something to concern about.  It is more for the tool we utilize in the backend to search for inventories.  Once an upload succesful processes in our backend, it will appear in the portal.

Thanks,

Justin

How long does it take to process new uploads? It's been almost 24 hours and I still dont see anything in my inventory.

Hey Daryl,

Typically an upload should process completely between 24-48 hours.  However there were multiple uploads pushed on 8/28.  Only one should be pushed at once or the processing time will be delayed and even cause some uploads to fail.  Please refrain from pushing any inventories until the ones in the backend clear up.  I will check to make sure there isn't a lock in the traffic.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Daryl,

The upload appears to have processed and should now be available in the portal.  If no further assistance is needed, please mark this as solved.

Thanks!
Cheri