Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy upload error

alan.pimentel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

My custumer configured his proxy on CSPC (VM) but it's receveing the message: "Upload failed. A connectivity exception occured while processing the request. The exception is HTTPS TransportMode has Failed 407 Proxy authentication required". We did reboot the VM after input proxy information but the error remains.

Erro proxy.jpg

And when we access the button "APPLIANCE CONFIG", proxy fields are empty, like the inputs are not being save. Even the inputs like DNS Server, Timezone, NTP Server... all fields are blank but we did confige those informations too.

Proxy not saved.JPG

We need help please!

Thank you

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the version of Smart collector / is this 2.7 or 2.8 ?

you need to set up proxy information as part of quick setup :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi there,

The CSPC collector is version 2.8.

The "Quick Start Guide" shows the Proxy being configured only at the first step called "Workflow" when log the CSPC for the first time. We're trying to set the proxy using the button "Appliance Config" (image below):001.JPG

If I click on the "Workflow" button again, I'm not able to set the "Install" informations, only "Add Devices, Credentials and Collect" (image below):

002.JPG

We did using "Appliance Config" button, "Appliance Setup" screen shows that the proxy was configured correctly and says to reboot the VM, we did and still not working, when we click the Appliance Button after the reboot, all spaces are blanked, like if there was nothing configured.

If I set proxy using the "Appliance config" button it will not work? Should I deploy a new virtual machine just to set the proxy at the first step "Workflow"?

Regards

You should not use the workflow other that in the original setup.  Since it does not provide visibility of what has been set and it always shows the fields blanc .   The error message does not say that Proxy is not configured. it seems to point that it is configured but there is a misconfiguration or not able to reach it or authenticate correctly.  Once a  collector is deployed you should use the SSH cli user admin to configure the proxy.

admin# conf proxy *

------------------------------------------
Usage:
conf proxy <ipaddr/host> <port> <user> <passwd>
user,port(default is 8080),password are optional.
Eg:
admin# conf proxy 192.168.1.1 8080 cisco cisco
------------------------------------------
admin#

Hi there,

Is there a way to change CSPC default port from 8080 to 80?

Thank you

In that configuration you can put any port that is configured on your proxy