cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP to CSP-C Console

john_stewart1
Level 1
Level 1

Want to perform a (patch) upgrade to our SNTC Collector. May I access the console remotely (i.e., RDP) or must I be onsite ?

3 Replies 3

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello John,

Yes you may remotely manage the CSPC Collector via SSH. As long as you have access to the Collectors IP address, you could use a SSH client to connect to the collector for upgrades. Some example SSH clients that can be used are Putty, or SecureCRT.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Thanks Jarrett,

I can SSH into the GUI successfully from my browser, but there seems no link from the GUI to the server console (or to an "upgrade" tab). When I use Putty / ssh, my ID/pwd are rejected. I am listed in "manage users" as a [local user], in the "Administrator" user group. I am thinking that if I survived the [Putty] access authentication, I would be at the console prompt. If correct, please advise.

Hello John,

The username/password combination will be different for SSH/Console access to the appliance than our CSPC GUI users.  In this case the default username is "admin" for Console access.  The manage users tab on the CSPC GUI will only manage user access to the CSPC web based GUI itself, and not the console. A new console password will also be requested when the CSPC is first being installed.

Thank you,

Jarrett