Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Updates server is down

Not applicable

I am running CSP Collector 2.4 on a UCS appliance. I would like to upgrade to 2.7 but when I click on the Sofware Updates tab and enter my CCO account on the Server Connection page I get a message Server is Down after about 30 seconds of Processing.

I have rebooted the server and reinstalled the software to get the Software Updates tab and no luck.

Any ideas of what I am missing?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

I would request you to try upgrading via LCM CLI. Please have all login enable (admin, collectorlogin, root) before you start upgrading to latest. Please follow below via user login admin.

• Establish a SSH connection into the collector via AdminShell (use admin username).
  • Enter the show version –d command.
  • Enter the conf serv enable command. (‘conf serv disable’ can be used to change CCOID)
  • Enter your CCO ID and password in order to enable software updates.
  • Enter the check update command. (copy the ‘version number’ from this output to use below)
  • Enter the download <version number> command in order to download any available updates.

• To monitor the download you may open a duplicate session and use the command show download. It can take up to 20 minutes to download the files based on your network’s bandwidth

• Enter the apply <version number>command once the download is complete in order to apply the update.
  • To track the progress of the installation, open a duplicate session and use the command show apply. The full installation should take about an hour to complete. Once it complete, please check updated version with ‘show version –d’ command

Thanks,
Supriya

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

I would request you to try upgrading via LCM CLI. Please have all login enable (admin, collectorlogin, root) before you start upgrading to latest. Please follow below via user login admin.

• Establish a SSH connection into the collector via AdminShell (use admin username).
  • Enter the show version –d command.
  • Enter the conf serv enable command. (‘conf serv disable’ can be used to change CCOID)
  • Enter your CCO ID and password in order to enable software updates.
  • Enter the check update command. (copy the ‘version number’ from this output to use below)
  • Enter the download <version number> command in order to download any available updates.

• To monitor the download you may open a duplicate session and use the command show download. It can take up to 20 minutes to download the files based on your network’s bandwidth

• Enter the apply <version number>command once the download is complete in order to apply the update.
  • To track the progress of the installation, open a duplicate session and use the command show apply. The full installation should take about an hour to complete. Once it complete, please check updated version with ‘show version –d’ command

Thanks,
Supriya

I am having the same issue, I can not contact the upgrade server via the CSP GUI.  I tired coping the zip to collectorlogin home directory and run the install script.  The sever completed the script and rebooted back into the 2.6 not 2.7.

Any suggestions?

John

Hello John,

What patch did you apply? It sounds like you've applied the patch  that enabled the Software Update tab on the GUI rather than the 2.7 installer.

Please review the documentation attached to the patch that you installed.

Regards,

Cesar

Hello Cesar I installed this file:

Upgrade to latest CSPC software versions via UI (for CSPC versions 2.3.8 and above) 
jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

If this isn't the correct file, and the update manager from the GUI says server down, how do I get the update file?

Any help is appreciated.

John

Hi John,

This patch will only enable the Software Update tab on the GUI.

Once the software update tab is installed, you can go into the GUI and perform the steps on the software update tab to perform the upgrade to CSPC 2.7.

You may also perform the installation steps to CSPC 2.7 via the adminshell command line using the steps that Surpiya has detailed above.

Regards,

Cesar

I am not able to login with the admin account when I SSH. I can only login with the collectorlogin account when I SSH. The admin account will only get me into the GUI.

When I SSH with the collectorlogin non of the commands work, it looks like it puts me in the Linux interface.

Is there a command I can run to get me into the adminshell for the Linux interface?

Thanks

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The admin GUI and CLI accounts are independent of each other, thus they can have different passwords.

Please review in case you have details for a secondary admin password.

In addition, to change into the adminshell from collectorlogin, simply type "su admin". This will then prompt you for the admin CLI password. Once validated it will take you into the adminshell.

Regards,

Cesar

I have been able to login as admin but get the following error

admin# show version -d
Build-name : SNTC-PSS 11.1.0-4 Build

Package-type : ServicePack
Version : sp-2.0.2-0-0-lnx64
Component : Data Pack
Version : RP3.19
Component : CSPC IMS Rules
Version : 1.10.35-IR
Component : CSPC IMS Add-on
Version : 1.16
Component : CSPC Base
Version : 2.4.1-IR
Package-type : JeOS
Version : jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64
Component : ConcsoTgw
Version : 1.6.4
Component : AdminShell
Version : 1.3
Component : Hardened CentOS
Version : 6.8 patch#0
Component : CASP
Version : 1.10
Component : LCM
Version : 1.3
admin# conf serv enable
Valid entitlement not found.
Please apply new entitlement and try again.
admin#