Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN Automation hostname mapping

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm testing LAN Automation.  Specifically I want to pre-import a list of devices and their serial numbers so that they are named correctly during discovery. 

In the session attributes section of LAN Automation there is a Hostname mapping area and it lets you import a csv file with hostnames and serial numbers.  No matter how I try it will not accept the csv file I try to import.  I even select Download Sample File and try to re-import that file and it still says File type not supported.  See attached screenshot.

I've tried renaming the file and the hostname entries in it.  I've also deleted one line in the file at a time to see if it doesn't like one of the entries.  Still no success.

Any ideas ?

4 Replies 4

Roddie Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin - Did you do anything with the sample file before you re-uploaded it?  I'm wondering if the LF/CR stuff got messed-up after you downloaded it.

The format is quite simple, but at the end of the day it's just a text file with a lot of commas in it.  Here's a sample of one of mine that works:

sjc-cp-border,FCW2131G002,,,,
sf-transit,FCW2125G064,,,,
sjc-cp-border,FCW2125L0WJ,,,,
sf-transit,FCW2129G0FR,,,,

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing changed in the file.  I just removed the examples and inserted my switch details.  I even tried to re-import sample.csv immediately after downloading it and it still wouldn’t do it.  I then opened my file in notepad and appended ,,,, to each line incase it wanted that.  Still no luck.

Roddie Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is very strange - I've used this feature across many DNAC version over the last few years and have never had a problem.  You might want to open a TAC case to get them to have a look.

p11l
Level 1
Level 1

I get the same error.

Problem seems to be Firefox.

I tried chromium based browser like edge oder vivaldi - i get no longer error and it work as expected.

Firefox version:102 esr

DNA: latest 2.3.5.5