Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

I (my customer) does not get SNMP Traps from the N5k when he unplugs one power supply (only logs). He gets only traps when he turns both power supplies off. If I check show snmp trap all trap entity are enabled (rmon Trap are off). NX-OS is 4.2(1)N2(...

Guys i am a well qualified enginner but never had change to design a network for SAN. now the time has come and one of our customer has asked us to design a SAN network for them. they have two datacentres but to be honest i dont have any clue can som...

Hi everybody,I need help about ntp issue on my Cisco MDS (m9100-s2ek9-kickstart-mz.5.0.1a.bin ,  m9100-s2ek9-mz.5.0.1a.bin)All my Cisco network equipements synchronises to my ntp server (Cisco catalyst 6500) without any problem except Cisco MDS equip...

I have an MDS 9222i that is at 3.23(a) and I want to go to 5.01a.  The tech papaers say to go to version 3.3 then to 4.2 then to 5.01 for a non disruptive upgrade.  The switch has only 1 Sup card which means any upgrade is going to be disruptive.  He...

This is more of nuts and bolts curiosity than anything of importance.  But as most know the MDS is running a form of linux.  Does anyone know what filesystem is used?  There is a kjournald process so my guess is ext3, but I wasn't sure if there was a...

bfeeny by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have to fabrics with MDS9513 directors.Yesterday we got a change of principal switch message and the VSANs notice on one of the fabrics.Everything continued to work normally.Is this a normal occurance? What could be the reason? Is it a serri...

Hello all, I have a 2950 router. I want to upgrade my memory. From what I hear Cisco offers memory upgrades, but it's for hundreds of dollars. I also heard that I could go through other vendors and it would not cost an arm and a leg. Could anyone...

Keyurp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,,I need your expert suggestion on how do i get rid of the fabric merging situation on my Fabrics.Below is a short description of my environment..We have 2 Fabrics in our environment namely FAB A and FAB B, we have been running on this for the ...

Hi everyone,Can you please get the part number for the below cisco product. should this be the mds 9500 series?please adviseCISCO SAN SWITCH WITH SUPPORT FORMS A 2000 ARRAY STORAGEthankssam

rahman001 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes