Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

I have a requirement wherein we need to backup data from our production DC to DR DC,in this the production server should be able to see the lilbrary located in DR.Currently we have a seperate VSAN for both dc..Can someone please advise me which optio...

Ok, Got two MDS 9222i switches and by some act of crazyness both have stopped responding to SNMP request. As such our monitoring tools cannot get to them. Worse still the fabric manager cannot manage them and I cannot connect to them via ssh1 or ssh2...

Hello, We have 2 switches that have an ISL between them. We no longer need the ISL. To remove - can we simply disable the ISL ports and unplug the cables that connect the 2 switches? Are there other steps required to remove all traces of this old ISL...

rondebbs1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Port speed issue

Hi All,Am I getting the following error on more than one port while changing the port speed from 2G to 4G on 9509.Event:E_DEBUG, length:121, at 43883 usecs after Thu Jan 8 15:02:27 2009 [102] Ifindex (fc8/8)0x1387000, Err disabled (0x40290065) event ...

kiran.sn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allWe are planning to upgrade a mds 9509 from 3.1(2) to 3.2(2c) And I have few Qs.1.Do I need to upload the kickstart and system images onto both the supervisor modules?2.We have a module with different bios 1.0.1 and others with 1.0.5. Does this ...

red123456 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings,I was wondering if IVR and interop modes are ok. I have been asked to allow devices in Brocade Fabrics and Cisco fabrics to see each other (primarily backups) and it will involve IVR if thats achievable. Basically a setup of tape units (p...

Hi all,We are going to add a new switch (9509) to an existing fabric(with 1 switch 9513).Here we have two possibilities: Whether to go for core-edge or mesh?Can someone enlighten me on the pros and cons and suggest me a link which best describes them...

red123456 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allPerhaps the community could settle an argument that is stopping everyone here from doing any real work.Like a lot of shops we're tossing around FCOE and trying to weigh up the pros and cons. This has moved up the agenda as we're now about to fi...