Helpful
Replies

CBS350-24P-4X Rackmount disalignment

florida1024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I'm a bit confused...

I recently got a CBS350-24P-4X 1U managed switch, which comes with a wall-mount/rack-mount (I guess?) kit and I'm wondering, how I could manage to install this kit onto the device in order to align the rackmount-ears to the device's front?

The drilled screw holes would only allow a ~1 inch (2.5 cm) disalignment towards the rack front or am I missing here something?!

Please give me some advice,

Flo

80 Replies 80

Hey Rob, thank you for the info. If they can ship via post office (or please let me know shipping options), I'd be in for two pair! No rush.

We paid WAY more then that. Nice work.

bustedware
Level 1
Level 1

@rob.h.auhey rob nice stuff. i sent you a DM if you can help out that would be awesome! too bad cisco isn't helping us I've been following this thread for a while.

euclidean
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add to the 'WTF Cisco' chorus- I've got a pair of CBS350's in a 600mm x 600mm data cabinet in a recording studio.

We do not need enterprise sized racks and this 1" recess for the rack ears means it is impossible to get it all racked with both front and rear doors closed when using copper SFP's, which we need to use.
The doors *must* remain closed because fans = noise and noise = bad recordings.

So I currently have the switches attached to a 1u tray with cable ties until I can get a fabricator to make me some rack ears.

Seriously unimpressed. 

Whoever decided this was a good idea is, quite frankly, an idiot.

rob.h.au
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I've attached a Zip file of the AutoCAD DXF for the brackets we had fabricated in Melbourne. The details of the brackets are also below:

-LASER CUT OUT OF 2MM MILD STEEL SHEET WITH NITROGEN
-FOLDED 90 DEG ON BEND MARKS @ 20 MM
-POWDER COATED DULUX NEW BRITE WHITE GLOSS

With this information, most metal fabricators should be able to manufacture these to suit the CBS switches.

Hope this helps.

jrc2023
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for rack mounts that will allow the CBS350-24P-4X to be recessed in the bay.   Mounted so the ports are pointing out, but back a few inches.  The rack "ears" that came with mine allow this but with only one screw and my switches sag a bit now.

kolping-mw
Level 1
Level 1

Look at that, Cisco finally got sick of us... Got 2 switches (8P-E-2G and 8FP-E-2G) from distribution. The upper one from 2022 is the old design, the lower one is from 2023 and has the "normal" rack alignment like we all know it since anytime...

So if you want to have it this way you should have a look for revision V05. Micro USB on the left side is gone in V05, too.

IMG20230721155026.jpg

mgulick
Level 1
Level 1

Are these brackets available yet?  I just bought a CBS250-48P-4X that needs to be flush mounted (the rack door won't close otherwise, at least not with any cables/SFPs plugged in).  I tried searching for "RCKMNT-1RU-1K=", but didn't get any hits.

ShayjMitch
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a resolution for this instead of getting them custom-made? We need it to sit flush otherwise the rack door will not close.

I contacted the vendor who sold them and the reply was "You get with Cisco send you" so no help there.

Is there an escalation route I can take with cisco to get these rack mounts? Every help page takes me to another page and I eventually just end up in here. I know they do exist as I have 1 pair sitting in front of me! I bought multiple cisco 350 switches and 1 of them came with the correct pair! See attached the correct bracket that was sent with 1 of the switches.

IMG_7653.jpg

I am UK based.

mgulick
Level 1
Level 1

Part number seems to be 700-131287-01, but I still can't seem to find these for purchase anywhere.  Can we buy these if we contact Cisco directly?  Here's a photo from a message that was posted earlier and mysteriously deleted.

811R7-RzeNL._SL1600_.jpg

I made my own flush mount rack ears by drilling some holes in some generic rack ears with a drill press, but a) my skills are not great so the alignment isn't perfect, and b) I'm worried about airflow since my homemade ears don't have any extra holes for airflow and I'm using these on a POE switch.

Moretonwave
Level 1
Level 1
This topic is a bit older now and I am wondering if there is someone that has recently bought a Cisco CBS250-24PP-4G-EU (or equivalent) and can tell me if the unit is still combined with short rack ears that cause the unit to protrude out of the rack, or... if the new units are supplied with new mounts that are a bit "longer" and allow flush mounting.

The parts mentioned in this thread seem to be non-existent?!

Foconn 700-131287-01

RCKMNT-1RU-1K=

C B
Level 1
Level 1

Just unboxed a CBS350-48P-4G in the US, still comes with the short brackets that make the front of the switch protrude about an inch past the rack posts.

When is this going to get fixed Cisco?

mgulick
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like these are finally starting to show up in the market.  I ordered a pair from Provantage, and while they are listed as a special order, the order went through and they showed up in a little over a week.  The price was as listed on their web site.  They are a perfect fit for the switch (a CBS250-48P-4X)

bustedware
Level 1
Level 1

I've been following this thread for years, its amazing to me the amount of people that eventually stumble on this thread with the same frustration and that CISCO has done absolutely nothing about it this entire time.

So we are all now looking for part #700-131287-01 correct? Google search turns up with nothing except for this thread. How are we supposed to get these brackets?

mgulick
Level 1
Level 1

The part number is 'RCKMNT-1RU-1K='

Specifically, this is what I ordered: https://www.provantage.com/cisco-systems-rckmnt-1ru-1k~7CSC639L.htm.  Googling that part number will show some hits elsewhere too.  They all show up as special orders though, except the listings on ebay.