cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350 web interface unresponsive

ambarr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a stack of 3 CBS350-48T-4X switches where the web interface is now unresponsive.  The "processing data" status indicator gets no further than 50%, and I'm unable to get into the configuration screens. Initially I was able to get into the web interface but, for some reason it stopped working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ambarr
Level 1
Level 1

After powering down the 3rd member of the stack, the web interface became accessible again.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

@ambarr can you try different web browser

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I tried 3 different browsers, none worked.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Some hints : 1) Check logs on the device
                        2) Have a reboot
                        3) Use the latest firmware available , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes, rebooted and using latest firmware. How do you check firmware using cli?

Sorry. I meant how do you check logs using cli?

>...Sorry. I meant how do you check logs using cli?
           Use the show bootvar or  show version command(s)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

server-room-stack#show bootvar
Active-image: flash://system/images/image_cbs_ros_3.3.0.16_release_cisco_signed.bin
Version: 3.3.0.16
MD5 Digest: 7decdf94fd5999afb7b07509896c693b
Date: 23-Mar-2023
Time: 11:37:54
Inactive-image: flash://system/images/image1.bin
Version: 3.2.1.1
MD5 Digest: 937212ebf51de43330b6f7967a7445ae
Date: 13-Feb-2023
Time: 01:12:59
server-room-stack#show version
Active-image: flash://system/images/image_cbs_ros_3.3.0.16_release_cisco_signed.bin
Version: 3.3.0.16
MD5 Digest: 7decdf94fd5999afb7b07509896c693b
Date: 23-Mar-2023
Time: 11:37:54
Inactive-image: flash://system/images/image1.bin
Version: 3.2.1.1
MD5 Digest: 937212ebf51de43330b6f7967a7445ae
Date: 13-Feb-2023
Time: 01:12:59

>...Active-image: flash://system/images/image_cbs_ros_3.3.0.16_release_cisco_signed.bin
    Firmware is latest , as   a sanity check , you could you  try from another 'workstation' (PC or other) ?

M.

I've tried access it from 3 different machines all with different OS's

- What is the network topology and involved devices between the PC and the CBS350 ?

M.

I've tried both directly attached and with another switch between.

- >I've tried both directly attached and with another switch between.
   Use  another switch in between  , then verify a couple of things : make sure both your own connection and the remote CBS350 have full-duplex (port setting and negotiated) , also check the port speeds anything such as 10Mb or below , is an error. Also check the port counters for both your PC and the CBS350 , make sure that there are no error counters incrementing , 

M.

Verified no errors and full duplex on both connecting trunk ports. Still can't get into web config.

>...Verified no errors and full duplex on both connecting trunk ports. Still can't get into web config.
 - Don't use trunk ports for the configuration phase , use access mode only , both for your device and the cbs350 , 

M.