Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to camera recorder in SF300 switch

Lenton22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Cisco SF300-48pp switch. The switch has only default VLAN and is used so far as simple access switch. I connected a Camera recorder, but the camera recorder's IP is different. I need to have access from my subnet to the camera recorder. My subnet is 192.168.10.x, while camera recorder's IP is static 192.168.200.10. I tried creating second VLAN for camera recorder, but everytime I try to set port to VLAN, the switch just freezes and it loses connection and all other connected devices lose network and then I have to unplug the switch to restore connection.

15 Replies 15

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to enable inter-vlan routing on the switch to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5HmMlaIlg

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Learn how to configure Inter-VLAN Routing on SG350 and SG550 Switches

I tried using that video as tutorial, but it didn't help, because this is the what I get when I press "join VLAN". Also, I don't have an option to pick display mode, only language.

it doesn't allow me to choose Access/Trunk/General

Capture2.JPG

Try to upgrade it, you may have an older version on it.

This video show how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rQezVn2NSU 

Upgraded to 1.4.11.5 version. Now it sees VLANs, but every time I press apply, everything freezes and everyone loses connection, then I have to unplug and plug in the switch to make it work again.

Capture.JPG

Alright, but we made progess.   Wondeing if cabling is ok, I meain, can you make sure you dont have any loop on the network.

Also, can you show on the logs after the problem occour. This could give us some clue about what might be happening.

So, I decided to connect the camera recorder to other cisco switch (Also SF300-48, but witout PoE) and I did everything like in the video said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5HmMlaIlg      and when setting IPv4 Interface to VLAN2, I set it's static IP to be the same as the camera recorder's that it's connected to, and I still could not connect to camera recorded. So could it be that I set up the wrong IP? I also tried giving the VLAN2 different IP but from same subnet and that also didn't help.

EDIT: I started to get this error in logs: %CDP-W-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface fa48. 

Dont worry too much about this log although you need to see it later.

"and when setting IPv4 Interface to VLAN2, I set it's static IP to be the same as the camera recorder's that it's connected to"

What did you mean by same IP?  You know you can not use two iqual ip address, right?

Can you describe which ip address and mask you are using on device and switch?

Device IP is 192.168.100.152, at first I set VLAN2 IP also to 192.168.100.152, but later I changed VLAN2 IP to 192.168.100.1.

Correct. They need to be different. Make sure the mask you are using is 255.255.255.0.   This is one part of the task.

You need to configure the gateway for the Camera Record. You can use the 192.168.100.1.

But,  To access the camera record, you PC need to have the same network, lets say 192.168.100.153 and connect on the same vlan 2.  Otherwise, you need to have routing.

Routing - that is what I need. How do I make it? My pc is on default VLAN, 192.168.10.x subnet.

Lenton22
Level 1
Level 1

I still got problem with this. I managed to change the port where camera is connected to layer 3, but even with youtube tutorials, I can't make the routing, so that I could connect to camera from my subnet.

A lot happened here. Can you describe shortly where we are?